An Introduction

LegatoMR

I'm guessing this is the place to put it.

Hello my name is Matthew and I am 16 years of age. I go to high school in Winchester, Va and will be a senior this year. I pwn with a guitar and if I can talk my self into reading all these theory books I might join Jazz band this year. My favorite guitarist is Phil Keaggy because he is the best Christian guitarist but is still also considered a great guitarist in general.

I plan on going to a Community College for 2 years to save some money then transfer to Shenandoah University and get a Ph.D in Music Composition. Afterwards I want to join the Army as a Band Officer and work my way up to a 3 star general. Sure, it will take awhile but I don't plan on leaving the Army so hopefully with good health and dedication I will make it.

As far as being a Christian, I am a new born not even a year old. I don't know if any of the leaders would still have access the my TOJ application but if you do [insert testamony here]...lol I don't want to type everything again :).

I enjoy having fun like other people, I play paintball allot (mostly woodsball), I started playing Magic the Gathering, I love 360 and PC gaming. I recentlly started playing GW. So that would make me a nub :(, I only have the first one but I really enjoy it especially the PvP. So I plan on buying the other two after I buy an amp I been looking at for a long time.

Hmmm, I guess I touch a little bit of everything, but heck if you want to know more about me go ahead and ask. Other than that, thank you for letting me join, I really enjoy gaming with people that I don't have to ware a headset all the time :p.

O, BTW could someone set up a TS account for me. I can get in and all with the information on the guild post but I can't switch channels. Thank you!

Last edited:
YAY LEGATO! Were glad to have you in the guild and part of the community now. If you need any help at all with ur new characters do not be afraid to ask. We are all helpful here and woulnt mind setting a date to help u out. also an Server Admin would have to registar you on ts, while you are on. The best time to do that would be tuesdays or fridays PvP nights at 10:00 EST. since a lot of the SA's are on then for PvP.

hey i have a question.. Where did you come up with LegatoMR?

Last edited:
another 16 year old who has recently become Christian o.o"

I must defeat him in all aspects of GW to prove my dominance over my age group ;...;

:p welcome to Christianity, GW, and SoE!!!

YAY LEGATO! Were glad to have you in the guild and part of the community now. If you need any help at all with ur new characters do not be afraid to ask. We are all helpful here and woulnt mind setting a date to help u out. also an Server Admin would have to registar you on ts, while you are on. The best time to do that would be tuesdays or fridays PvP nights at 10:00 EST. since a lot of the SA's are on then for PvP.

hey i have a question.. Where did you come up with LegatoMR?

LegatoMR said:
a Ph.D in Music Composition

Legato = long, connected style in music. I'm probably safe in saying his name is about music.

O, BTW could someone set up a TS account for me. I can get in and all with the information on the guild post but I can't switch channels. Thank you!
You need to set it up yourself, but I recommend messaging an officer who is in-game. Then they can make sure to be logged in to authorize you to register; most officers are server admins and can do that.

Glad to have you on the forums! I don't think I've had the opportunity to meet you in-game. I would encourage you to edit your first post to remove your hometown and the name of your high school. You can just give the closest major city.

And as a reminder to all our younger members: NEVER give out more info than your parents are okay with!

Just ask our very own ultra super double top secret Chickensoup. Now there's a boy who understands privacy issues.

Rho

Last edited:
Welcome Welcome!!!!

Technically you're not really part of the group until you're "Hello" thread has been driven so far off topic it well.......becomes the 7,984,762,565,324,235.452355727487920145......... Off topic thread

So on THAT note......

Pizza Hut, Dominos, or that great New York place?

Depends where you go. We have a great place here that hands down beats all the rest. I recently went up to New York to visit family looking for some actual "new York" pizza and was sorely disappointed.

I think really.....you got the elitists....then the rest that are just happy to not have something from the microwave.

Yes, Legato is connected notes, on the guitar it is created by hammer ons and pull offs rather than picking every note. This gives it a nice smooth sound "slur".

This word best reflects the way I play or try to play :D. Although I play many different styles of music, I must say I love Legato, it sounds like a story to me. Anyway, I got the nick name from the drummer of my former band Genesis X and it kind of just stuck.

The MR, well the name use to be MRLegato, but people kept on saying domo amigato Mr. Legato...lol and it wasn't meant to be Mr. but MRL which are my initials but didn't want it to be MRLLegato. Anyway, I just stuck the MR after Legato like in forms (hospital or whatever) that has the last name, first, then middle.

I live in another town, Whinchester is the closes city but I'll take down the school not that I think my parents will care though, I'm a big boy :p no really I'm like 200 some pounds and only 5'10 but I'm not fat. So if some perv comes to me I'll pwn him...lol.

In all seriousness, I can see why you and others may be worried about that and I thank you for being concerned about it.

ur too late Dea, i already told him about PvP two days ago! SO HA! NEW BLOOD FTW!

Back