Annoyed...

XionTawa

I played in the closed beta, and in the CB there were venders of all sorts, and there were labeled. Now all I see is [Merchant] and they have rarely sold anything useful. It almost seems like now the only way I could find a staff is through the market thingy...or...am I missing something? :(

I haven't gotten far enough into the game to sell anything and didn't play the closed beta. I'm still trying to figure out the game.

Haven't encountered a storyline so far. In GW, they set the tone of the game right away. So far, it's "defend the garrison," help the farm bimbo water her corn, feed the cows, kill worms. Oh wait, something popped up, go help everyone kill the thingie. When my elementalist casts a spell (or whatever), it looks like he's having a epileptic fit.

I know it's premature to criticize, but I think GW2 will mainly attract the 12 year olds from Runescape and WoW. It's doing nothing for me so far. It feels like a graphically-enhanced version of Forsaken World. Someone was saying in TS that this is the first MMO to allow you to fully customize your toon. No, Aion allowed when they launched in 2009. I hope they get some good feedback from the beta.

I haven't gotten far enough into the game to sell anything and didn't play the closed beta. I'm still trying to figure out the game.

As to your other arguments keep playing, if your not far enough to have sold anything you have not yet found alot of the fun stuff.

The building events are fun, I have played at least 6 of them and 2 of them were so hard I had trouble doing them, but I would also like to suggest that you keep trying, it makes doing it very rewarding.

Also some of the areas look amazing. The graphics are nice, they look like they were hand painted. I am sorry you have not been happy yet but some of the areas are absolutely amazing, go to lions gate and you cant help but think its nice.

Haven't encountered a storyline so far.

There is a story line and everyone who I have talked to has said that its very good. I however have not done any on purpose. I was going to leave that for post beta game play for myself. I was just doing the events and heart quests in order to get the hang of the game.

I played in the closed beta, and in the CB there were venders of all sorts, and there were labeled. Now all I see is [Merchant] and they have rarely sold anything useful. It almost seems like now the only way I could find a staff is through the market thingy...or...am I missing something? :(
There are weaponsmiths and armorsmiths in the cities, they're marked by a blue and purple diamond shape on the map. They sell weapons and armors.
[merchant] Sell gathering tools and other stuff, I mainly use them to sell my junk..

Here's link for more info on vendors >LINK<

Haven't encountered a storyline so far. In GW, they set the tone of the game right away. So far, it's "defend the garrison," help the farm bimbo water her corn, feed the cows, kill worms. Oh wait, something popped up, go help everyone kill the thingie. When my elementalist casts a spell (or whatever), it looks like he's having a epileptic fit.

I know it's premature to criticize, but I think GW2 will mainly attract the 12 year olds from Runescape and WoW. It's doing nothing for me so far. It feels like a graphically-enhanced version of Forsaken World. Someone was saying in TS that this is the first MMO to allow you to fully customize your toon. No, Aion allowed when they launched in 2009. I hope they get some good feedback from the beta.

Wow...I am someone who HATED Runescape and WoW...and I love GW2. A lot of those task you mention are optional, you can go right to the story line. Story line quests are the green star thingy, tasks are the yellow heart.

There are weaponsmiths and armorsmiths in the cities, they're marked by a blue and purple diamond shape on the map. They sell weapons and armors.
[merchant] Sell gathering tools and other stuff, I mainly use them to sell my junk..

Thank you...they changed a lot from CB.

Just a minor correction. The blue diamonds were armorsmiths (sold armor). The red diamonds were weaponsmiths (sold weapons). There might have been purple that sold both for karma, but the one I found disappeared after a while for me to double check. Something I found out late was to talk to each heart person after it was complete. Just before the beta ended, I found a heart person that gave out an awesome staff, scepter, and focus for karma. I found a weaponsmith (Sven) who only appeared after finishing a Dynamic Event, and he sold (for gold) really cool norn weapons.

Just a minor correction. The blue diamonds were armorsmiths (sold armor). The red diamonds were weaponsmiths (sold weapons). There might have been purple that sold both for karma, but the one I found disappeared after a while for me to double check......
Yeah.. I meant to correct the colors in that post but didn't get around to doing it, but I think XT understood what I meant :p

Back