Another beta weekend

Grimbeorn

Tribe of Judah Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Em
Bioware has announced another chance for people to play the beta this weekend. Anyone get in other than me? I'm in again because apparently some people in my testing group had trouble getting their test account to work last time, so everyone in my group gets another shot. My account worked just fine last time, so I'm especially happy. :cool:

If I don't get in, I will weep, I will cry like a little baby cries. Seriously tho, I will be sad if I don't get in. They said the invite number is gona be quite big this weekend, prob to check server stress.

I got an email yesterday inviting me in. Played a bit today. I'm not aware of an NDA, but don't want to say too much without confirming that I can.

If I don't get in, I will weep, I will cry like a little baby cries. Seriously tho, I will be sad if I don't get in. They said the invite number is gona be quite big this weekend, prob to check server stress.

Just go check www.swtor.com/tester to make sure. Some people were saying that they didn't get an email, but checking there still got them into the test.

I got an email yesterday inviting me in. Played a bit today. I'm not aware of an NDA, but don't want to say too much without confirming that I can.

Wait, you got an email yesterday and actually played today? If that's the case you must have gotten into the full beta, because the group I'm with isn't supposed to get to actually play until Friday. And yes, there is an NDA on TOR's testing, so you can't say much here.

Wait, you got an email yesterday and actually played today? If that's the case you must have gotten into the full beta, because the group I'm with isn't supposed to get to actually play until Friday. And yes, there is an NDA on TOR's testing, so you can't say much here.

Then I guess I did. =) I played some more tonight. I'm up to level *NDA* playing as an *NDA*. So far I really like the *NDA*, but the *NDA* still needs work.

What I will say...the opening cinematic is worth the price of admission itself. I saw what was released last year, with the Sith shuttle crashing through the front door of the Jedi temple. Well, there's more where that came from, if you haven't seen it yet. And it is *epic*.

Then I guess I did. =) I played some more tonight. I'm up to level *NDA* playing as an *NDA*. So far I really like the *NDA*, but the *NDA* still needs work.

What I will say...the opening cinematic is worth the price of admission itself. I saw what was released last year, with the Sith shuttle crashing through the front door of the Jedi temple. Well, there's more where that came from, if you haven't seen it yet. And it is *epic*.

I'm inviting myself over to your house. How far away from Ohio are you :p

no beta for me... which i would be very sad to get into this weekend since I will be out of town lol.

I didn't get in, but I have a friend that does some livestreaming to 2 or 3 of my friends :p
The modified cinematics are cool....

Dun hate cuz I haz friends who break NDAzorz.... His problem, not mine o_O

I'm inviting myself over to your house. How far away from Ohio are you :p

Pretty far...I'm in SoCal. I am moving east at the end of the year, but only as far as Arizona.

By then, you'll have the game yourself, though.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the *NDA*. It's sweeeet!!

For those in beta, please hit me up on TS so we can test together. Also I believe this weekend beta test will be slightly different. Weekend testers will be able to play on the same servers as the main testers, I think.

Not 100% sure.....just 75%ish...

I have signed up with multiple accounts...and none of them have been invited... :(

Yeah I had an account that signed up the day you could back in 2008. It has a preorder on it as well. It still has not been invited. Maybe they don't think ewoks rule? Then a friend who could care less signed up just a little while back and got the invite. (and gave me the account)

For those in beta, please hit me up on TS so we can test together. Also I believe this weekend beta test will be slightly different. Weekend testers will be able to play on the same servers as the main testers, I think.

Not 100% sure.....just 75%ish...
I'll install TS today and let you know when I'm on.

I knew about it in '08 when it came out.... However I didn't sign up for the beta because all I had in my house at the time were apple computers... so I couldn't sign up for the beta... and because of that I never created an account... QQ

I knew about it in '08 when it came out.... However I didn't sign up for the beta because all I had in my house at the time were apple computers... so I couldn't sign up for the beta... and because of that I never created an account... QQ

Do you not use boot camp to let you run Windows? At the very least I would think that would allow you to run the game at release. Not sure if it would give useable system specs to the TOR site for beta signup, though.

Well, another beta weekend has ended. I went into this one with the purpose of helping myself decide which class I am going to play first after release... and I'm still not sure. I can make an informed decision now, but I had so much fun both on a Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) and on a Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) that I still can't say for sure. I definitely enjoyed it, though. Looking forward to release! :)

Last edited:
So when the game releases would I be able to have a game night with some buddies and we can all play together immediately as different classes or will we need to get past starting areas first?

Do you not use boot camp to let you run Windows? At the very least I would think that would allow you to run the game at release. Not sure if it would give useable system specs to the TOR site for beta signup, though.

The only computer I had available was the first intel macbook. There wasn't any way that thing was going to run SWTOR beta... lol.

Back