Antec Neo-he 550 ATX12V Version 2.2/EPS12V 2.2 Compatibility question

Caleb

I'm thinking of getting a new motherboard and a I5 3570K CPU with about 4 sticks ddr3 ram and
i'm wondering if I can use a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard with the Antec Neo-He 550
watt that has a compatiblility up to ATX12V Version 2.2/EPS12V 2.2. I am thinking of combining
those bits together with my GTX560 2 GIG videocard, Bluray rewritable drive, 320gig sata 2 hard
drive with my armor jr case.

Do I have to upgrade my power supply as well if I want to properly use my upgrades without
problems?

I have a 600W power supply, an i5-3570K, and a GeForce 660 Ti and haven't run into any power consumption issues yet.

If you're running a GTX 560, be sure that your power supply has the necessary outputs to power your video card. My 660 Ti required two 6-pin 12V connectors; I don't know what the 560 requires.

IMHO most ppl overlook a power supply as a main component of their system and try to get by with whats cheap. I don't think that's such a good idea. The power supply is the stomach of your PC, if the brain gets not enough food it'll die a slow and painful death. Whether or not your old PS will work, it probably will work just fine, but even if its just a few years old, get a good new one and don't let the "will it work" question plague you in the future.

Back