Any good Gamecube games?

SeaToad

Hi there, I just want to know if there are any good Gamecube games besides the following: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, MoH: Rising Sun, and MoH: Frontline. Could anyone here help me? I need one that has a worthwhile gaming period.

Thanks,

SeaToad
cool.gif

Metroid Prime, definetely, and the port of MGS twin snakes coming up. Some things like splinter cell and ghost recon, altho other pc and xbox ports are better, are still decent on the cube.

Mario Kart: Double Dash and Super Smash Bros. Melee are great multiplayer games. If you like street racing games, Need for Speed: Underground is for you too. ( Just don't do anything on it in real life. :p ) If you like Lord of the Rings, the Two Towers and Return of the King games are good too.

A few of my favorites are...

F-Zero GX (Futuristic racing game)
Viewtiful Joe (2D-3D action-platform game)
Soul Calibur 2 (3D fighting game)

Those are my 3 favorites.  Mario Kart: Double Dash and Super Smash Bros Melee are good, but I just got bored of them quickly.  They just didn't seem to have that same special something that their predecessors had.

Considering most mainstream games have what some consider offensive content, more then likely you may find something you do not like in it. I havent played it yet, but will. A lot of games Christians tend be hard on, Diablo especially, and similar games, tend to be hard on them. I wont start making accusations of something I havent played, so I cant tell you much in the way of its appropriateness.

OK. That's alright.
smile.gif
I play CS and it's kinda bloody. So... Metroid Prime and Viewtful Joe are really good?

Soul Calliber is a good game, but many Christians will not like it because of it's violence. If Violence is not a concern, I suggest checking out Dragon Ball Z: Budokai. Even if you're not a DBZ knower, it explains the whole story.

Metroid Prime is really good, but don't look at it as a First Person Shooter. It's more of a first person adventure/exploration game with action. It's still really good, but it's not a FPS.

K. I do not care about fighting/war in games, but I do not like games in the sort of SoF II: DH. And I have played Metroid Prime at my friend's house and it's cool!
cool.gif

SoF II is kind of boring, IMO, but a decent game in its own respect. Its too much like the first one, nothing terribly new or exciting in it aside from a few new features and the Q3 engine with then newer Ghoul II.

Aw, the gore dont bother me, its not even comparable to real-life, and all it does is add to a games believability if its supposed to be more serious. Ive played HL with the gore off once, and its not as immersive or believable as it is with it on. HL was meant to be a game that drew you into its story and world, and in trying to make it believable, it shows you what you would expect. Playing it with the parental control on is like playing it with out sound, just not the same. Same with the SoF games, war is not all nice and blood free, but a lot worse then any game or movie can portray, and SoF tries to put you into the role of some operative (havent played it for a while, dont remember its only half-way interesting story that well) and tires to make its game world seem believable. While some will argue otherwise, it can add to a game to make it better. I see nothing wrong with it. I mean even look in the Bible, especially in judges, at the ways God had other people put others lives to an end with, not exactly stuff you would want to read over breakfast. Blood and violence are part of life. While not good, trying to hide and shelter yourself from them does no good at all. Whether you do or dont, unless a person has mental problems, it has shown it really does not have an affect on people. Lol, went off again on seemingly screwy ideas, not that that is surprising tho. . . .

On another note, JK2, a game people around here seem to like, except me, uses the Ghoul 2 engine, altho not well known nor was it working properly at the time of hte release, but its patches have fixed it. Only thing with JK2 is no blood and minimal gore (arms and legs being lightsabered off)

Just beat baldur's gate dark alliance, very good game you can get it for less than $15, I recommend it, review wil be up in a day or two on CCGR

Dark alliance 1 or 2? I played the first one and was not particualry fond of it, but the second one, (is it out yet? cant remember) seems like it may be worth checking out.

I am 13 too and my parents some times have problems with gore. KEYWORD "sometimes". um metriod prime maybe a little old but it will only last like 2 weeks or maybe longer. um sonic heros is a very fun game pretty cool game I would say. uh billy hatcher is OK not to sure how long that game lasts. that's all I can think of now!

Only two weeks on Metroid Prime? Uhuh, I don't think so. There's more than a good twenty hours of gameplay in there with 100% completion, and if you don't have a strategy guide. The boss battles are generally intense, but very cool, as well as fun. The game is huge. Plus it has some awesome graphics, and you are likely to get lost once or twice with the size of the environments. If you're into the extreme sports type of games, I would recommend Aggressive Inline and Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2. Both are solid titles, despite some inappropriate content. In terms of solid games, try Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil. Both are excellent adventure games, and feature some of the most beautiful graphics on any system. The Resident Evil games are excellent as well, if you or your parents don't have problems with gore or zombies. It's worth noting that the zombies are the result of bioterror, not occultic rituals. For shooters, I wouldn't really suggest MoH:Rising Sun. I hated that game, with a passion. It was just horrible. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System and I-Ninja are supposed to be excellent games with great senses of humor, as well. I would suggest that you get James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing. It is, quite simply, the best Bond game since GoldenEye, and the third-person view works incredibly well. Splinter Cell is, of course, quite good, and I would recommend you buying that immediately. Goblin Commander is supposed to be quite excellent, in terms of a good strategy game for the Gamecube. If you're into the whole RPG thing, I would suggest getting two games: Skies of Arcadia: Legends, and Evolution Worlds. Both are quite solid and fun. That's about it, man.

the first Dark Alliance, I got it for less than $13, took me about 9 hours to beat, was fun there are unlockables thought to keep the gameplaye going

mgs is the best i love it and im a christian and i didt see much that offended me.

Back