Any interest in VR?

I finally have a VR system through the Occulus, and currently enjoy Skyrim VR on it. (I just recently started a new character based on a D&D character I've been using lately.) ... Be cool if we could find some fun VR games to hook up with. Star Trek Bridge Simulator is a good one. Be curious to see if VR Minecraft allows you to have a shared server world.

Hi Exo :) . Sure the 80's kid in me has been dreaming about VR since then but between the cost, motion sickness, and lack of games that actually measure up to my imagination I'll pass.
But Alyx looks sooo cooooool~

(Seriously, I'd love to play it.)

Exo! Great to hear from you again, good sir. :)

I've always been interested in VR, in part because I have a weakness for any gaming hardware that makes the experience more immersive. (On a related note, I've been thoroughly enjoying playing through Bravely Default on my New 3DS XL and have the 3D effect turned all the way up more often than not. BD is GORGEOUS in 3D.)

But for better or worse, I'm in a season of life where I don't have the space or the disposable income to invest in a VR setup. If and when the day comes that I move in to a larger house and can have an office again, I'd love to splurge on a mid-range to high-end VR setup and dive right in to games like HL: Alyx.

TL;DR: Yes, I'm interested, but don't have the space or extra money for a VR setup right. I'm hoping both those situations change in the future.

Good to speak with you again. I might need to install Team Fortress 2 again and drop in on a Tuesday if people are still playing.

I totally get the space and cost issues. While costs have come down it's still about as expensive as buying a new console and you need a rather beefy computer to go along with it. I got lucky, I've had a daughter since I last posted and we needed a bigger place and with it came a rather large loft that is now my office / man cave. Some of those new headsets use inside out tracking and you don't need any external sensors and can be used in multiple rooms or even outside.

I think Alxy really is the killer app that will push VR more widely. It's a great game that I don't think would be possible outside of VR.

I finally have a VR system through the Occulus, and currently enjoy Skyrim VR on it. (I just recently started a new character based on a D&D character I've been using lately.) ... Be cool if we could find some fun VR games to hook up with. Star Trek Bridge Simulator is a good one. Be curious to see if VR Minecraft allows you to have a shared server world.

I've played a few hours of Skyrim VR but I had played it for so long prior to VR I didn't really stick with it. I do eventually intend to do a full playthrough in VR but I don't think the game is working with Index Controllers and I'm hoping they patch it first. The scale of Skyrim in VR is pretty amazing though.

I do have Star trek Bridge crew. I think Vivecraft does support multi-player but I haven't tested it out. I'm always looking for people to play VR games with my Steam info is below if you ever want to hit me up.

But Alyx looks sooo cooooool~

(Seriously, I'd love to play it.)
Alyx is the only VR game that interests me enough to even consider VR. All other games I've seen look incomplete or like a collection of mini games or tech demos. Interesting for novelty but not anything that would hold my interest. VR is just now getting past it's awkward "look what we can do days" to developers actually making complete games. The first days of CGI were like that too.

I've found I can cure any desire for any story driven game if I just learn the ending. I watched an entire play through of Alyx and while it's VR game play still pulls my curiosity I see little replay value in that alone so I'm good ;) .

Good to speak with you again. I might need to install Team Fortress 2 again and drop in on a Tuesday if people are still playing.
They are and tonight's TF2sday game night will be celebrating ToJ's 21st anniversary!

The game night starts at 8:30 p.m. Central (9:30 p.m. Eastern, 6:30 p.m. Pacific) tonight, so you'll want to give Steam some time to download and install the game. I hope to be on around 9:00 p.m. Central.

The ToJ TF2 server address is listed here.

They are and tonight's TF2sday game night will be celebrating ToJ's 21st anniversary!

The game night starts at 8:30 p.m. Central (9:30 p.m. Eastern, 6:30 p.m. Pacific) tonight, so you'll want to give Steam some time to download and install the game. I hope to be on around 9:00 p.m. Central.

The ToJ TF2 server address is listed here.

I'm on the east coast with an early work time tomorrow but I'll try to jump on for a few games.

I'm on a gigabit fiber connection. The install shouldn't take long.

This is totally off topic but I found a bunch of old World of Warcraft videos from back in 2004-2007 when I was in Redeemed. I'm not sure if the guild still exists but it was primarily made up of TOJ members. Here is what I believe was our first Ragnaros kill back in 2/12/06 according to the video. I have a few others which I might upload if anyone cares to see them.

This is totally off topic but I found a bunch of old World of Warcraft videos from back in 2004-2007 when I was in Redeemed. I'm not sure if the guild still exists but it was primarily made up of TOJ members. Here is what I believe was our first Ragnaros kill back in 2/12/06 according to the video. I have a few others which I might upload if anyone cares to see them.

I never got as far as raids in WoW, but I still remember Molten Core being a huge deal back in the day. I can't even imagine the logistical demands of coordinating 40-player raids.

I'd be interested in seeing more old videos!

Back