Anybody pick up Falling Up's "Dawn Escapes"?

MeridianFlight

I had listened to a few of the tracks from the new CD from before it release on purevolume.com, and was a little worried, because the lyrics seemed a little vague. I was under the impression that Falling Up was another Christian Band that had decided to go secular, and watered down their message to achieve this.

I was surprised to discover upon opening up the CD booklet however that each song has Scripture attached to it. Each song is based around that Scripture, though admittedly, with some songs, it seems like only a handful of lines are actually relevant to the Scripture.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool, basing songs on scripture and yet be subtle enough in the lyrics to the point where some of the songs could sneak on mainstream radio as "Trojan horses" if you will (without all the vicious slaughtering though). Disciple latest release takes a similar approach.

What does everyone else think?

I just bought a few songs off of iTunes from Dawn Escapes ('Contact', 'Searchlights', 'Exhibition'), and I'm happy. I definately like the sound, but I'm really not sure about the lyrics.

<twocents>

I have to confess that my music library does have some songs (secular or otherwise) that have nothing to do with the Bible. My general philosophy is: if it contains swearing or blasphemy, is out of my style, or contains otherwise inappropriate content, I won't listen to it.

</twocents>

I bought the CD its a good cd but some of the guitar rifts are almost pulled from other bands rifts =really annoying.... but the words if you dig deep they almost all have a Christian pull to them.... their first CD was better it had different sounds. this cd has a lot of same piano beginning and stuff....

I don't like these guys. They have a song that starts out the same way a much cooler song does and they play it on the radio all the time (not that that has a ton to do with me not liking them).

Killerah said:
I don't like these guys. They have a song that starts out the same way a much cooler song does and they play it on the radio all the time (not that that has a ton to do with me not liking them).

Broken Heart, Bittersweet, Escalates, or Exit Capsylan?

SirThom said:
I agree. =) Arafax Deep is different, too. =)

:D , actually, I was trying to ascertain which song he felt was a copy of another song. The ones I listed have all received airplay. I really dig them all though.

Did you listen to Meridians SirThom? It's based on Matthew 10:38-39.

It starts out with some keyboards or something, I don't know what it's called. The guy's voice bugs me, it's got a whiny quality to it.

Killerah said:
It starts out with some keyboards or something, I don't know what it's called. The guy's voice bugs me, it's got a whiny quality to it.

Heh, that's nearly half of the songs on Dawn Escapes.

I'm taking my word back on my last post, but heh heh... I didn't know it was out... I checked like last month... gotta get it! even if it is worse than the first one... whatever.

Back