Anyone for Rated Battlegrounds?

ManaByte

Those old titles are tempting. Apparently 1000 Resil is the minimum most groups are taking initially. Just doing some Tol Barad and randoms to get the honor to get the PVP gear. At 700 resil now.

Anyone working towards Rated BGs?

This would be a blast as a guild.

There are a bunch of crafted BOE pieces with resilience on them too. Good way to get started along with Tol Barad.

I already have Lt. Commander... But this still sounds pretty fun. Although I'm going to be working on getting ready for heroics before PvP ready...

ya i want to get geared for heroics first
but what's wow without randome ganking when you are decked out in pvp gear? :)

i made a horde cry once :p

who hosts the rated bgs? Would we be able to set up our own as a guild?

I never read up on any of the new features of Cataclysm (or is this even a new feature). I'm coming back after a long time away from the game.

I'm game for trying these. I did one as a PuG a couple of days ago and we won easily. That was the only rated anything I've ever done. If anyone puts one together look for me. 2200ish Res right now, Holy Paladin.

Just an additional note. I've noticed many groups outside the guild taking a minimum of 2k resil now for rated BGs.

Just a little FYI if you plant to do rated battlegrounds.

I'd love to get together with some guildies and get some nice PvP done.

I'm currently sitting at 1200~ish resil (3 pvp items and trinket) ~ NOT including the cloth resil gear I can make.

I've been focusing more on PvP recently because guild heroics seem few and far between. I'll take them when I get a chance, but I have yet to get any gear upgrades from heroics and have only participated in a handful.

Right now PvP will net me opportunities for better gear upgrades and fills that spot of "hey, this is pretty fun" win or lose.

well the problem is rated bgs are very difficult once you get past 1 or 2 wins it begins to actually be difficult and honestly id say min of 2.5k resil would be best past that point

I'm just curious...what is the best BG to que up for to gain honor after your daily...non-rated BG.

I just want to gain honor to gain equipment... to do all that work before even trying rated bgs or arenas seems like i'm wasting parts of the game I should be doing...

Impending and I just dropped 4k on PvP gear and are going to be doing PvP regularly. We will start asking in guild chat for more to rated BG with us.

It is only a 20 min investment to run a rated BG and even if we lose we get honor and get better. You might not have time for a heroic but everyone has 20mins for a quick rated BG eh? I think we should go straight to rated BG for the chance at conquest. Even if we lose a lot that will just place us against other losing teams right?

If miners could start storing up ore and volatile fires we could have cheap pvp gear made for anyone interested in joining us.

Impending and I just dropped 4k on PvP gear and are going to be doing PvP regularly. We will start asking in guild chat for more to rated BG with us.

It is only a 20 min investment to run a rated BG and even if we lose we get honor and get better. You might not have time for a heroic but everyone has 20mins for a quick rated BG eh? I think we should go straight to rated BG for the chance at conquest. Even if we lose a lot that will just place us against other losing teams right?

If miners could start storing up ore and volatile fires we could have cheap pvp gear made for anyone interested in joining us.

Awesome!

Count me in whenever I can be online. I limit my time, but after work it's very flexible, so if you guys have a regular time each day or throughout the week. I'm assuming you get X amount of matches per week? Man I should really go read up on them.

I figure that even if they get harder after the first few, you still get Conq points for winning! At this rate I can get 25 per day (doing the daily) and that's not going to get me any pvp gear any time soon.

I'm currently just under 1500 resil (no resil enchant on chest, went with stats instead~ also some gems I could make more "PvP" if needed), so hopefully that'd be enough to start with you guys. Also, I can craft a few pieces, or already have, just not enchanted them yet, to push my resil to around 1700.

So yeah, if you see Deepspace on, he's probably doing TB dailies and/or random BGs, so feel free to invite me to do some rateds!

Man I have been having so much fun in PvP lately. Up to 1800 resil and rocking a sweet prot pally build. I wish I could play with more Red members but its usually just Icthus and Impending that are interested when I ask in Chat.

Yeah I'm currently trying to get my warrior up to 85 or I'd roll with you guys myrakle. I should be up there about next week or so.

Oh and speaking of Warriors..... the pvp I have done with him is ridiculous the way victory rush works now its darn near impossible for me to not run into 2-3 horde and not blow em up.

Also anyone engineers or blacksmiths? I am trying to decide if I need to do one or the other either for the goggles or for the gear.

Last edited:
Back