anyone got

MaxX

Kinda dumb question, but I'm stuck without an operating system. The place that sold me my comp didn't give me a cd, and I think they closed (going to confirm). I had to reinstall windows so I used info from a disk a friend had but it won't accept the xp key I had before. So now I'm screwed. Anyone have a cd/key they don't need/want to sell for cheap(er)? pro or home is fine I don't care.

"Custom built", but you bought your computer from a "place"?

rock.gif

now im confused why wouldt u get a disk?

New computers are supposed to give you the serial and cd for windows and any software the comp came with. These guys didn't. (private run store) They still haven't replied to my emails...

.... id run down to the store and ask them. and im supposeng that u buaght like a bare-bones kit or a do it urself kit right?

I'd stick to XP since it's got more compatibility with Games compared to 2000 but not much difference. Also Maxx if your getting XP get a pro version
smile.gif
. home's just sux0rific
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ Aug. 01 2004,3:05)]I had to reinstall windows so I used info from a disk a friend had but it won't accept the xp key I had before.
If you had a cd key it should work if you are using a borrowed xp cd that is the same xp version as yours before. (ie.. home- pro - corp).

Dont get your hopes up, but I have a funny story to share
biggrin.gif

Once I had a very wierd problem with Windows XP....the registration key kept getting reset, thus making me have to activate it. I called them up and they said that it was already registered. This was very wierd....

After shelling out $25 for the support call (because the two free calls were used up), I spent probably 2 and a half hours trying to get it patched up. Didn't succeed. She decided that we needed to reinstall windows XP. The installation always stuck like a quarter of the way through. Not knowing the disk drive didnt have enough space on it, the woman sent us another copy of Windows XP.
blues.gif
It actually worked too...it was just OEM. I plan on using that second copy of XP on my new computer.

gg linux
cool.gif

Back