Anyone live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area?

Does Grapevine still have the big neighborhoods with their own schools and community pools? That's mainly what my mom's looking for.

Yes, it has both big and small neighborhoods.

Some have pools, but the city operates one as well. There is also the lake for swimming and boating.

Flower Mound has more "master planned" communities.

Yes, it has both big and small neighborhoods.

Some have pools, but the city operates one as well. There is also the lake for swimming and boating.

Flower Mound has more "master planned" communities.

Woohoo! A lake?! I didn't know there was a lake!

There is this new web thingy called google maps. Try it out!

Grapevine is on the south side of Lake Grapevine and Flower Mound on the north side.

The lake has some algae issues that make the water taste funny and leaves a little slim on you. But, depending on where you are coming from depends on how much it matters to you.

There is also a Gaylord Hotel on the lake that has some great things to do, as well as a Wolf Mountain Lodge.

There is this new web thingy called google maps. Try it out!

Grapevine is on the south side of Lake Grapevine and Flower Mound on the north side.

The lake has some algae issues that make the water taste funny and leaves a little slim on you. But, depending on where you are coming from depends on how much it matters to you.

There is also a Gaylord Hotel on the lake that has some great things to do, as well as a Wolf Mountain Lodge.

Haha..My parents and sisters have been looking at Google Maps but I havent gotten my turn yet! Actually doing that now....I didn't know Grapevine and Flower Mound were that close.

Our favorite vacation spot (Caney Lake) also has some algae issues and leaves a little slime on us so it doesnt really matter. Lake Darrhbone and Lake Cheniere's alot worse here..and I've swam in them...so it doesnt really bug me.

We're looking at Gaylord Hotel and we've already looked at Great Wolf Lodge in Flower Mound..that will be our next vacation. A friend of ours lived in the Dallas-Arlington-FW metroplex for 8 years and has lived in Flower Mound, Grapevine, Plano and Arlington. Flower Mound and Grapevine got the best reviews.

And we think we're going to try The Village this Sunday, if not this Sunday, real soon. We're Non-Denominational (Really pentecostal..we just dont wear pants all the time and girls dont have to hair really long.) like the Village. A youth leader in my youth group now has a friend in Dallas that's dad used to be an associate pastor so she's been there many a time and gave it great reviews, so we're sure to try it.

If anyone still lives in Dallas, does anyone know if the Barnes and Noble is still open? My dad's meeting is at Starbucks sunday and there's a Barnes and Noble like 2-3 miles away that we think we're going to go to while he's at the interview.

Keep on praying for him to get that job, also, please guys!! Thanks!

We're Non-Denominational (Really pentecostal..we just dont wear pants all the time and girls dont have to hair really long.) like the Village.

Pentecostals don't wear pants?!? :eek:

I grew up in Plano, but haven't been back there in about 20 years, so I'm likely of little to no help since it's changed TONS since I lived there.

I loved the area back in the 80s, though...now where'd I leave my cane?

Pentecostals don't wear pants?!? :eek:

I grew up in Plano, but haven't been back there in about 20 years, so I'm likely of little to no help since it's changed TONS since I lived there.

I loved the area back in the 80s, though...now where'd I leave my cane?

Haha. My church is a mixture of Baptists and Pentecostals and we used to be a full on pentecostal church. We threw non-denominational in there basically so we could help more people. We don't believe in men wearing nothing but pants and ladies having their hair all the way down their backs.

We're actually looking at houses at hotpads.com and found a few nice ones in Plano.

Any church that doesn't make me wear a shirt is full of WIN to me! Giddyup!

HA! I meant men wearing only pants...no shorts or anything....haha. Of course they still wear shirts.

But that'd be epic! We should set up a Redeemed group to go there and show off our manly six packs!

Hehehe......

Oh dude that was so epic...We should definetly have raid leaders set as McFierce and Shadowbill and have Ashley there as an artist....We'd get another epic screenshot...but this time i predict Bill's muscles breaking his shirt and Ashley near him like the other one with hearts all around it..but as well as Fierce lying down TKO'd with Cakey crying lol... jk, but it'd be seriously funny.

Well we had a good weekend....stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hurst for my dad to go to the interview at Starbucks. The interview went really well and the lady liked him alot so we'll know today if he got the job. We didnt do much although we did go sight see a little. We ate at Posados (yum) and then went to Barnes & Noble and that was pretty much it. But I did get the new Star Wars TOR book!

Icthus..Im a big spelling guy..What'd I misspell? I didn't even notice it. <Heurst>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! Dad got the job! He has the option to choose between a contract worker or a W2 worker. The contract is 18 months and if he does good his first few months they'll add onto it. Dad starts not this week but the next so he will move into an apartment in downtown Arlington (where the office is at) to start the job while my mom and i work on getting the house ready to sell.

We're not sure whether we're selling or renting the house, because if the job is only 18 months we want to have something to fall back to (if we move back to Monroe)

But please pray for us as we fix up the house and get ready to move and look at houses in the D-FW-Arlington area and the time we're apart from dad....Thanks guys!

Well we had a good weekend....stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hurst for my dad to go to the interview at Starbucks. The interview went really well and the lady liked him alot so we'll know today if he got the job. We didnt do much although we did go sight see a little. We ate at Posados (yum) and then went to Barnes & Noble and that was pretty much it. But I did get the new Star Wars TOR book!

Icthus..Im a big spelling guy..What'd I misspell? I didn't even notice it. <Heurst>

Ohh. Thanks man.

I am from there but have lived in CA now 20 years!

That's funny, Baldee. My dad actually got job offers from Albany, Austin, and CA. The one in CA was in BEVERLY HILLS! Not even kidding. He didnt even apply for it. He also got a job offer in Pasadena and Hollywood, and just got another one today from New York, NY. They really want him, I guess!

That's funny, Baldee. My dad actually got job offers from Albany, Austin, and CA. The one in CA was in BEVERLY HILLS! Not even kidding. He didnt even apply for it. He also got a job offer in Pasadena and Hollywood, and just got another one today from New York, NY. They really want him, I guess!

I live in San Antonio so that's about 4.5 - 5 Hours away from me, but I have been to Arlington before! ^^

I live in San Antonio so that's about 4.5 - 5 Hours away from me, but I have been to Arlington before! ^^

Cool! The first job offer my dad got was in San Antonio, but he said no to that really fast. Just a little too far, because we want to come visit where we live now like once a month. We do have a little family in San Antonio, though.

Back