Apologies

MaxX

Several members have brought it up to me how I've been coming across as bitter, negative, and whining. I didn't mean for this to happen. I've been upset with the status of this community for a while and the actions of a lot of its members and leaders, so I've become rather jaded while coming here. Please forgive me if I have offended or annoyed you.

Max

I think perhaps we should take a step back and appreciate the fact that MaxX is involved to the point where he *does* worry and is concerned about the condition and way in which CGA and TOJ is being led.

Even if he doesn't agree with everything done by any given member or leader, props for keeping your eyes open and trying to improve things, MaxX.

It's even more satisfying to see a brother trying to reconcile himself to his brothers for possibly stepping on their toes.

Props, MaxX

I think MaxX was in fear that he had offended or upset some of his fellow Christians -- so, he was making a preemptive post in hopes of nulling away any negative feelings t'wards him.

That's how I took it, anyways.

Right-o chap!

Well the whole situation with the WoW ToJ guild sort of got heated, and several members PMed me. I've also gotten warnings for attitude in the past but was never given any specific examples, so I sort of shrugged it off. I have a tendency to get ultra negative and cynical so I have to keep it in check. Thanks for your support.

As for getting involved...I wish I could have been more involved in the past. Unfortunately one of my issues with ToJ is the constant ignore barrier (for me anyway), which was sprung up whenever I tried to help out. I don't know if I have time or interest to get too involved now, but it's kind of depressing to see the community start to go downhill. Rizz and HCS where two of the main life-sources to ToJ, and their resignation sort of felt, to me, like the writing on the wall.

Just my .02

Last edited:
Fortunately, Rizz and HCS don't drive this community; the members like you and I do. Rizz steers, while HCS works on the engine when it breaks down, but it is certainly the members who help push ToJ forward. With that said, do you have any suggestions or ideas for the way ToJ should be run that might help us?

I think what Max is trying to get across is that it feels like there's a gap between the members of this community and the leaders of this community --- think communism.

I think he gets the feeling that the leaders have all the say and the "underlings" have none.

Forgive me if I've misrepresented, I'm just trying to clarify.

If the way Max feels is reality, then perhaps we should realize without members, there would *be* no ToJ or CGA

Fair assessment?

I really don't understand where some of you get your points, and believe me I'm trying, lol.

I think he gets the feeling that the leaders have all the say and the "underlings" have none.

In my experience, granted, its short compared to some, this is not true.... I base that off my experience with CS adminning... the request from members are almost always carefully voted on by admins.

however, there are always seperations in people, especially in organizations... I work along side everyone of my 30+ employees, I insist on them inputting information into ways to better operate my business, and ways to more efficiently take care of my customers... but when it comes down to it, me, and my boss, and his boss, ultimately make decisions.... They(my employees) trust me with their paychecks to provide a profitable experience, and I sometimes sleeplessly do anything in my power to make my people successful.

The same goes for TOJ, I trust the leadership above me, flaws, or no flaws, to provide me a rewarding exprience, in my situation, I truly value the christian fellowship I direly need. Also, I truly value the opportunities I have been given to witness to the gaming community. While, I expect those above me (i.e. Tek, Elite, etc...) to listen to any suggestion I may have.. I also know they are going to make decisions that they feel are best for the community...

phase -- Understood and agree.

I wasn't trying to question the motives or the integrity of our leaders at all, I was simply pointing out that the gap is indeed there.

It's not a leadership issue, it's a communication issue, and it needs to be dealt with, IMO.

Goodness again anothe hyjacked thread. So I am going to address my feelings on some things said.
First Maxx I accept your apology..... I did not fuss at you instead prayed for you because this lady's heart did feel you negativeness. I was hoping and see that God did talk with you. I have kept up with that post and have seen the others try to come up with a few other suggestions to help you.
Second I would really appreciate if people did not try to "help" other people explain how they are feeling about one issue or another. If you have a problem then please take that to one of the mods etc. If no one else will hear you, tell me about it and I will see what I can do. ( I am not trying to replace anyone but may be able to get some responses for you.)
Third if you feel there is a problem then either send it to one of us or add it to the two forums with questions that Tek has been working on. We are trying to make this a God loving community but alas since we are all humans sometimes we have differences of opinions etc.
Fourth again please pleaes please keep things on topic. If you have other issues etc please do not spam soo much but create a topic that can have discussion without being mean etc.

Blessings,"Angel"

lol dont worry youve never come across that way to me

Vanaze said:
I think what Max is trying to get across is that it feels like there's a gap between the members of this community and the leaders of this community --- think communism.

Forgive me if I've misrepresented, I'm just trying to clarify.

If the way Max feels is reality, then perhaps we should realize without members, there would *be* no ToJ or CGA

Fair assessment?

ahh i get that ... :eek:

Sorry for not posting here, haven't been in the mental state to do so recently (according to the colloquialism 'life is a bowl of cherries', mine is rotting).

One thing that has always upset me is the silent treatment; a lot of people I've met in ToJ and elsewhere have gone through this. Why do people get ignored a lot? It makes you feel like you're not wanted or cared about. I've been in non-christian guilds and clans, and there I felt much more welcome. Why is it that here we tend to slack? Shouldn't Christians be showing the world that their way is better and that God is in them?

Not complaining here, just trying to point out some stuff.

People change, Maxx, people change...

Why do people get ignored a lot?

a; people dont want to talk to them
b; people are too busy
c; people are unimportant

People shouldnt care of their being ignored, just move on, your not in some kind of popularity contest...

Shouldn't Christians be showing the world that their way is better and that God is in them?

That was like what...3 years ago...

Its very hard now-a-days, getting Christians to be known. For instance, Tribe of Judah: sure, ToJ gets Christians joining every day, where are all the non-christians questioning ToJ's methods? *looks around* Oh right, their the ones that got warned/banned, heh.

Its very hard to care for someone when they really dislike you.

You shouldnt beat yourself for being rude and stuff, NO ONE IS PERFECT!

Noone is perfect, great answer corp....part about people being ignored and why is true as well....are people that desperate to be talked to? dont sweat the small stuff

Back