Apology to members who received multiple membersweep reminder e-mails

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Posted to the Tribe of Judah web site:
Greetings. I'm Isaiah "Tek7" Jones, President of Tribe of Judah. Some of you visiting the site may have recently received multiple e-mails as part of our membersweep.

A membersweep is a web script designed to keep our roster current by send e-mails to all members listed as active asking them to verify their e-mail address and continued activity in Tribe of Judah. When the script operates as designed, one batch of e-mails is sent out at the start of the membersweep, a second e-mail is sent out 5 days later to any members who have not yet replied, and the script marks any members who have not replied 8 days after the initial e-mail to Inactive.

Unfortunately, I received news earlier tonight that suggests the membersweep reminder e-mail script malfunctioned and sent out multiple e-mails to users. I apologize for this inconvenience and have canceled the membersweep and postponed all future membersweeps until the issue is identified and resolved.

It's unclear how many members were affected by the malfunction; early evidence suggests only a small fraction. Nevertheless, we recognize deleting multiple e-mails is an inconvenience and, again, I apologize.

Last edited:
Just a heads up I received about 80 sweep emails so far and they have continued the last one being received around 12:30pm est.

Just a heads up I received about 80 sweep emails so far and they have continued the last one being received around 12:30pm est.
I stopped the membersweep script last night around 11:30 p.m. Central. I also contacted GearHost support and they informed me that our hosting plan does not include cron (a time-based scheduler) jobs, so I have no idea how e-mails are still being sent.

My guess is that there was a flood of e-mails sent last night and they ended up being queued by the system, resulting in sending delays.

I'll put in a new support ticket with GearHost to ask them to investigate.

EDIT: Ticket submitted.

Last edited:
I think it's been resolved have not seen any in about six hours. Last one came through at 1239pm est so you may be right about them queuing up.

Yo, I heard you like emails so we sent an email to your email so you can email while you email.

Back