Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;184230 said:
Gonna get Forza 2 as soon as I get my media room set up and can play it over Live!. Probably gonna be about 3-4 weeks after it comes out before all of my stuff gets here and I can play console games online again.

What!? You got a 360?

GAH! You would do that right as I deploy. :( Would've loved to play with ya. But I guess it'll have to wait until next June.

What!? You got a 360?

GAH! You would do that right as I deploy. :( Would've loved to play with ya. But I guess it'll have to wait until next June.

My wonderful wife "accidentally" placed one in the cart as we were shopping for a TV in Best Buy. New 27" HD LCD TV, new 360, new copies of Madden 07 and PGR3. My wife = teh r0x0rz. Of course, the 8 outfits she got next door at Dress Barn kind of set me up for that.

I traded in PGR3 already, but we should totally throw down in Madden 07. I'll still be here in three weeks so we'll be able to get a couple of games in.

(Off-topic: How is LOTRO?)

Xbox 360 Crash!

Just wanted to give a heads up about the 360 and the problem of the console crashing. My 360 just died (AKA The Red Ring of Death!) and I had to send it back to get it replaced-hard drive and all! My game saves are now gone, but my achievement points are still on XboxLive. This is what I'm proposing to potential 360 buyers...........

1)Get an extended warranty when you purchase your 360. If the place
doesn't offer extended warranties, Microsoft offers one for about $50

2)Invest in a memory card and/or memory transfer to your pc to backup
all of your game saves! There are some memory cards on the market
now and a data transfer kit that will transfer your files from your 360
hard drive to your pc.

3)An extra 360 fan add on...I have a Nyko Intercooler that actually
connects to the back of the 360. The 360 generates ALOT of heat
so you would want to keep it as cool as possible!

Unfortunatley, I had to go through this(Learning the hard way!), but I wanted
to pass these words of wisdom on to other gamers out there. Above all, do your homework and be INFORMED and hopefully you won't go through this..
GAME ON!

Last edited:
Off-topic: I can't say how LOTRO is due to the NDA. However, I will reiterate what is general knowledge so far:

The game engine is an upgraded version of the engine used to run DDO. So, chances are if you liked the gameplay of DDO, you'll probably like the gameplay of LOTRO.

There are no true casters. This makes sense in Tolkien's world, as there were only a handful of wizards (Gandalf and Saruman being the most prominent). They have implemented ranged non-bow attacks in an interesting way though, which I'll be able to tell you more about as release gets closer.

Also, the game is based on the books, not the movies (thank God). So, whereas you don't see Tom Bombadil in the movies, expect to see him in the game, etc.

Hehe, I knew all that. Been following development for years. Actually had dinner with some of the dev team at an arcade in Seattle after PAX last year. :)

I want to know if you like it. ;)

PSU free beta

Just thought I'd give a heads up to everyone here. Supposedly during Wednesday and Thursday (10/11 and 10/12) there will be a free download of the Phantasy Star Universe beta. Apparently the beta will be free to play for the week. But it could be fun to enjoy while it's free.

Looking for some new friends!

Hi all, hope everyone is well tonight. I have GRAW, Call of Duty 2, and PGR3. If anyone is interested in playing sometime drop me a line.

I play CoD 2 several times a week with my clan. You're welcome to join or we can play together anytime you want. Add me!

Dead Chapter

I think we're dead.

Who do you guys play with when you're on XBL? I'm on everynight. Would love to play with ToJ guys.

I still have an old skool Xbox -- no Xbox 360 as of yet. -_-

But I generally never see anyone online playing Halo 2 when I play it, so...

I'm old school xbox too..I'll be getting xbox 360 maybe when Halo 3 comes out.

I'm sure the chapter will pickup again when Halo 3 comes out..at least I hope so.. Halo is basically the only game I play online.

School has kept me so busy, I barely have time to play counterstrike (PC).

Gears of War?

It's been mentioned that this chapter is dead but I think we have a chance to get it going again with the release of Gears this week. I know I'm picking it up and I wouldn't mind playing with some fellow TOJ members. My GT is Dan12R for those of you who don't have it. Just be sure to include a message saying you're with TOJ when you send me a friend invite.

I'm still old school Xbox, but I'll be willing to buy a 360 and Xbox Live if we can get this going a bit. I used to be a hardcore WoW player, but now I just play the occassional Halo 2 at work and a few hours of BF2142 each night. Kind of itching to get back into something...

I have a 360, but I only have a Silver Membership to Live. I don't like paying monthly for things, but I may buy a Year long subscription card once I start my job...which should be in the next couple of weeks.

I'm in the process of, for all intents and puposes, quitting WoW mainly because its too addictive. I love 360 and plan on playing more of it. sorry for not being on White Out, grad school also takes up a lot of my time. but i plan on being on more often now. cya online!

Dude! Thanx 4 the tip, man! I could certainly use such a break, and my girl could too, since she's thinkin about gettin one for her brother! Good lookin' out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back