• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had any problems with mine. It hasn't crashed. I even left it on quite a while to do a download. I've had it running both vertically and horizontally so no problems there. I've been playing PDZ and PGR 3 on it and both are quite enjoyable. To quote Ferris Bueler "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up."

I'm going to wait for Sony's Paper Shredder 3 with Boomerangs and a Spider-man font logo to debut. If the PS3's price is close enough to that of the Xbox 360, it's possible Microsoft will slash the price. However, they're already loosing 126 dollars a console apparently, at least according to the following GameSpot article.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140383.html

Read the part about how the 126 dollar calculation doesn't include labor? So unless the prices of the Xbox 360 components drop between now and the time Sony relases the PS3, I can't see Microsoft dropping the price of the console. I'm not sure the exact tally of what Microsoft makes on each 360 game sold, but I'm guessing it'll take several purchases per console just to break even.

IceBladePOD said:
Read the part about how the 126 dollar calculation doesn't include labor? So unless the prices of the Xbox 360 components drop between now and the time Sony relases the PS3, I can't see Microsoft dropping the price of the console. I'm not sure the exact tally of what Microsoft makes on each 360 game sold, but I'm guessing it'll take several purchases per console just to break even.

they get us on the price of games :eek:

Yeah, but they make $57 back for each copy of Peter Jackson's King Kong they sell. Judging from the "quality" of the demo I played at Circuit City the other day, it probably cost them about $1 for programming, and I'm assuming $2 for the disc, packaging, and shipping per unit.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Yeah, but they make $57 back for each copy of Peter Jackson's King Kong they sell. Judging from the "quality" of the demo I played at Circuit City the other day, it probably cost them about $1 for programming, and I'm assuming $2 for the disc, packaging, and shipping per unit.

I know you're joking with your actual figures. Microsoft probably only made 10 dollars off of King Kong. They charge a licensing fee to allow Ubisoft (developer and publisher) to develop and publish the game for Xbox 360. Electronic Gaming Monthly broke down where all the money went when you purchased a videogame a couple of years ago. It was an interesting article.

SirThom said:
And, perhaps even less than $10, since King Kong is a licensed property.

Actually, I think it's Ubisoft who has to surrender a share of its cut to Universal for the King Kong license.

What's really interesting is learning about how Nintendo used this "licensing fee" to its advantage during its dominate NES days. Apparently, Nintendo would charge an exhorbitant licensing fee that would require publishers to price their games higher then that of Nintendo (who of course, doesn't have to charge itself a licensing fee), which allowed Nintendo to benefit on sales because their games were priced lower.

I think this may actually explain why Nintendo DS games published by Nintendo cost less then third party DS titles. It seems this is the case with many Sony published games on the PS2, and apparently, the opening round of Xbox 360 titles.

I'm just speculating though.

What's on your Xbox soundtrack?

What do you like to listen to when cruising the streets of San Andreas or playing Tetris?I put entire albums or at least the best songs from albums what do you do
The Schoola who is Old
My List
Weezer- Blue
Happy Christmas 2- a tooth and nail compilation
Over The Rhine- Besides
Terry Scott Taylor- John Wayne
Wyclef Jean-The Carnival
Rush-Self titled
http://www.danielamos.com/
http://www.overtherhine.com/

I pull music off my computer. There's a mix of Grits, TobyMac, DJ Maj, and even have a little Abbot and Costello for whatever reason.

Let me know when you all get one and get on. Send me a message over Live or something. For those who don't have my GT it's Dan12R. I still play Halo 2 every so often too for those who stll play that.

My friend will be bringing over his Xbox 360 for me to test drive, so perhaps I can jump on and see one of ya -- or at least send you a message. =)

It has to be the right Game.The game has to support custom soundtracks Gta and tetris are the 2 I have.I think Halo does to but I might be wrong about that.

Xbox For Sell/Trade?

I currently have an origional Xbox, well three of them anyways. It is softmodded with Unleashed X, has emulators for PSX, N64, GBA, and SNES. It has H2 and H1 on the HDD and are playable without the disk. They have modded maps. I have 4 controllers, 2 Memory Units, Multitudes of games (None are burned copies for legit purposes). I have an FTP client on it. It plays DVD's w/o remote. It has a completely different custom soundtrack feature that allows ANY format of song. It has the Thompson DVD-ROM so if you have the RIGHT Cd-R's and RW's it might read them. It has a re-formatted ORIGIONAL HDD that is repartitioned so there is less cache space and more space in the e partition. I locked the C partition to make it 'idiot proof'. THe problem? It's not chipped. It's completely soft modded. Unopened virgin Xbox. The HDD is unlocked so it will not boot up. THere are ways to lock it, but I'd rather not open it up myself. It is completely legal to mod an xbox with any hardware you wish to use. M$ told me in a chat session that if you warranty expires and isnt voided, it's yours to do with whatever you want. To lock the HDD and use the Xbox, one must install a chip, any will do as this ignores HDD status. It isnt hard, just get any chip, solder it in, and turn it on and it'll work perfectly. Tho I dont want it and am thinking of getting another PS-2. If anyone wants to buy the Xbox or trade straight out for a PS2 (Working, not a disk read error ridden one) with a USB keyboard, all adaptors, an extra controller, 8mb mem card, network adaptor, Hard Drive, FF11 (expanded or not), and a remote with receiver. ??? anyone interested? If i sold it I would want $300 for it all (That's actually fair, I mean it's modded and has tons of games and 4 controllers and MU's But it wont paly games or even boot up without a modchip which you can buy for anywhere from 20-80 dollars online). Contact me at aaroncpollard@aim.com if anyone is interested.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back