Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter needs manpower!

The following positions are currently open for the Xbox Chapter, in no particular order:
  • Recruiter. Just spread the word about the chapter in-game or on gaming forums.
  • Co-leader. One to assist the Leader with his duties, including moderating the forums, taking over in times when the Leader is not around, and helping with setting up game matches.
If you're interested, please respond to this thread.

MeridianFlight said:
I'm definitely game for Halo 2 (or Crimson Skies), and I'm free on most nights (Wednesday and Thrusday being the exceptions).
Roger that. However, are you actually in ToJ? I don't see you on either the ToJ roster or the chapter roster.

D'oh!! I didn't realize you changed your username, heh! =D

I'll go ahead and add you to the ToJ Xbox roster, and to my internal Xbox Chapter address book.

Now, anyone else interested in a game?

I got a phone call informing me that the Xbox 360 I had reserved with an expected arrival date of April 1st came in today, apparently. I called GameStop and told them I wouldn't be able to pick it up, so I'll be waiting until April 1st. I'm still not certain whether or not I should get a Xbox 360.

Congrats if you get it. I may decide get the 360 around Christmas this year since I started a new job recently and I get quarterly bonuses. I might set aside a portion of the bonuses to save for the 360. Right now WOW has me hooked and I bought a dual core Mac Mini for with birthday money last week though, so it might be quite a while before I buy the 360 now.

I definitely feel like your heart is in the right place Meridian as you want to make a good decision. I think one thing you may want to consider is the purpose for buying the 360, Games can serve as quite the outreach opportunity or even an alternative to something sinful as Dan stated. Definitely just lay this decision before the Lord, and strive to glorify Him regardless of what you decide.

ChickenSoup said:
Yeah, and the N. Revolution, although that has a crappy controller

You mean the controller that will revolutionize gaming as we know it?

Watch as the Xbox 720 (or whatever Microsoft decides to label it) and the Playstation 4 incorporate the same technology (assuming Microsoft and Sony don't decide to do it this generation).

Some great stuff is going to come about because of that controller. Watch.

MeridianFlight said:
You mean the controller that will revolutionize gaming as we know it?

Watch as the Xbox 720 (or whatever Microsoft decides to label it) and the Playstation 4 incorporate the same technology (assuming Microsoft and Sony don't decide to do it this generation).

Some great stuff is going to come about because of that controller. Watch.
Copy that. And, I don't think the controller is the revolutionary aspect of the Revolution. I think there's one missing piece to this whole thing which we'll see at E3.

I'd like someone to take over my leader role. Originally I had intended to do a lot here, but then a job change, my second part-time job, my class project for school, and now a leadership role at church have almost halted my gaming. If I'm REALLY lucky, I might get to play 5 hours in a week, but lately it's been more like 1-2, and I'm generally playing World of Warcraft on the PC when I have time. I've only turned my Xbox on once since starting my new job.

I think I'd prefer to step back and just be a CGA member until life can slow down for me.

I'm completely game for any "unofficial" or "informal" matches with other Tribe of Judah or CGA members over Xbox Live!, but I don't know if there's much interest for a relaunched Xbox chapter for the original Xbox. Maybe when the Xbox 360 drops in price we can push on that front?

Tolkien said:
I'd like someone to take over my leader role. Originally I had intended to do a lot here, but then a job change, my second part-time job, my class project for school, and now a leadership role at church have almost halted my gaming. If I'm REALLY lucky, I might get to play 5 hours in a week, but lately it's been more like 1-2, and I'm generally playing World of Warcraft on the PC when I have time. I've only turned my Xbox on once since starting my new job.

I think I'd prefer to step back and just be a CGA member until life can slow down for me.
Yeah, that's cool. I'm actually officially stepping in for you as Chapter Leader anyway. =)

I'm completely game for any "unofficial" or "informal" matches with other Tribe of Judah or CGA members over Xbox Live!, but I don't know if there's much interest for a relaunched Xbox chapter for the original Xbox. Maybe when the Xbox 360 drops in price we can push on that front?
Okay, so what you're saying is the chapter should fold? =(

SirThom said:
Yeah, that's cool. I'm actually officially stepping in for you as Chapter Leader anyway. =)

Okay, so what you're saying is the chapter should fold? =(

Absolutely not, but I'm not sure I see much interest, and this is a chapter for a console that's being phased out (rather quickly). I'm certainly game for particpating in matches though.

MeridianFlight said:
Absolutely not, but I'm not sure I see much interest, and this is a chapter for a console that's being phased out (rather quickly). I'm certainly game for particpating in matches though.
Well, the reason this chapter seems to be dying is because there simply isn't much interest. That's why I need recruiters to help drum up that interest that will keep this chapter rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back