Are movies based on games getting better?

Corpfox

I noticed Hitman is coming soon and it looks nice. Though, I've never played the game, it does seem similar to the game.

I also been hearing a lot of rumors for movies coming or may come:

Far Cry
Warcraft
Halo

Are the people making movies from games doing a good job than some of the others that didn't: Doom, Silent Hill, etc?

What do you think? Or do you know what other movie based games may come or wish they did?

uwe0ay.jpg

Just take him out and the movies might actually get better.

I noticed Hitman is coming soon and it looks nice. Though, I've never played the game, it does seem similar to the game.

I also been hearing a lot of rumors for movies coming or may come:

Far Cry
Warcraft
Halo

Are the people making movies from games doing a good job than some of the others that didn't: Doom, Silent Hill, etc?

What do you think? Or do you know what other movie based games may come or wish they did?

Last I heard, Halo was canceled. Not sure how I feel about it because Halo 3's story was a letdown for me and a vast majority of movies based on games have stunk. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any movies based on games that have blown me away.

With that said, as bad as some of the movies based on games might be, almost anything has to be better than the Super Mario Brothers movie or the live action Street Fighter movie.

Here's a list of game based movies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

Last I heard, Halo was canceled. Not sure how I feel about it because Halo 3's story was a letdown for me and a vast majority of movies based on games have stunk.

You are correct in saying the Halo movie is cancelled.

But HOW could you not like Halo 3's story? I thought it was awesome, even rivaling Halo: CE!

You are correct in saying the Halo movie is cancelled.

But HOW could you not like Halo 3's story? I thought it was awesome, even rivaling Halo: CE!

I wanted to love Halo 3. i loved the first two and I did enjoy the third as well, but Halo CE & Halo built up a story that needed a better finish than Halo 3 delivered.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Halo & Halo 2, and I did enjoy Halo 3's gameplay. With Halo 3, I was never drawn into the story as much as I was with the previous Halo titles. Also, after the awe of the forge and the new gametypes wore off, I started to feel like the game wasn't as innovative as I had hoped. Essentially for me, Halo 3 is nothing more than Halo 2 with prettier graphics. I guess the big problem was that Halo 3's hype build-up was so much bigger than any game could have ever lived up to. In the end, a lot of the people that had to rush out to pick up Halo 3 at midnight on release day had moved on to the next game within two weeks. Now it's rare for me to see anyone on my friends list playing Halo 3.

Honestly though, that's just my opinion. Now pardon me while I go back to COD4. ;)

Last edited:
one of the most notable is FFVII: Advent Children... yet that wasn't live action. I never was able to find the street fighter live action. and... besides that... i really haven't seen a good video game movie...

I'm REALLY hoping they do hitman well. i enjoyed those games... never understood the story line though.

Last edited:
one of the most notable is FFVII: Advent Children... yet that was live action. I never was able to find the street fighter live action.

FF7AC wasnt live action, and the street fighter live action was horrible i saw it. prolly have to amazon it to find it now days

FF7AC wasnt live action, and the street fighter live action was horrible i saw it. prolly have to amazon it to find it now days

Well, I liked the Street Fighter movie, along with Wing Commander and Doom.

Though, I'd like to get my hand on Super Mario Bros, Tron and The Last Starfighter.

For me though, Silent Hill and DOA: Dead or Alive are terrible.

Though, I'd like to get my hand on Super Mario Bros, Tron and The Last Starfighter.

Doom was horrible...the only game to movie that I liked was the first Mortal Kombat.

[toj.cc]phantom;260222 said:
Doom was horrible...the only game to movie that I liked was the first Mortal Kombat.

That movie was good, its been probably 9 years since ive seen it though lol

I'm a fan of the Resident Evil movies. Undead + bullet to the head + conspiracies = awesome. And they have obviously done fairly well if 3 of them are already out.

I saw DOA the other day. I didn't like it, but I've seen worse. Same with Silent Hill. It wasn't good, but it wasn't horrible.

Back