Are we to engage or hide?

Genesis1315 said:
But are we not called to engage and not hide?

and

if men were created to be "like God" what were women created for?

Gen

We are not called to engage this world.. For our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, pwoers, and wickedness in high places..

And it's not even our fight! The battle BELONGS to the Lord!

I died with Christ.. I no longer Live but Christ in me :)

There is neither male nor female slave nor free.. But Christ in all and through all to the Glory of God the Father.. Not by works nor by power by by my Spirit says the Lord :)

HE may engange if HE so chooses.. But this Life is not for me, it belongs to the Lord Jesus.. He is the Life!

He paid for it! It's HIS :D

We are not called to engage this world.. For our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, pwoers, and wickedness in high places..

And it's not even our fight! The battle BELONGS to the Lord!

I died with Christ.. I no longer Live but Christ in me :)

There is neither male nor female slave nor free.. But Christ in all and through all to the Glory of God the Father.. Not by works nor by power by by my Spirit says the Lord :)

HE may engange if HE so chooses.. But this Life is not for me, it belongs to the Lord Jesus.. He is the Life!

He paid for it! It's HIS :D

However, even though the battle belongs to the Lord, He calls us to gird ourselves up for War. He will fight, we simply must obey. Why do you think in Ephesians that we are called simply to stand? (Ephesians 6:13) You try standing with a full suit of armor on after you got knocked on your butt. It is not easy, but if we do it, God will do the rest.

However, even though the battle belongs to the Lord, He calls us to gird ourselves up for War. He will fight, we simply must obey. Why do you think in Ephesians that we are called simply to stand? (Ephesians 6:13) You try standing with a full suit of armor on after you got knocked on your butt. It is not easy, but if we do it, God will do the rest.

What does that mean...
To stand?

But now, listen to my words;pay attention to everything I say.
I am about to open my mouth;my words are on the tip of my tongue.
My words come from an upright heart;my lips sincerely speak what I know.
The Spirit of God has made me;the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Answer me then, if you can;prepare yourself and confront me.
I am just like you before God;I too have been taken from clay.
No fear of me should alarm you, nor should my hand be heavy upon you.

You have said in my hearing
Scripture in context:
10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in The Power of His Might.
11Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with Truth, and having on the breastplate of Righteousness;
15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of Peace;
16Above all, taking the shield of Faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17And take the helmet of Salvation, and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18Praying always with all Prayer and Supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all Perseverance and Pupplication for all Saints;
19And for me, that Utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
The Lord Jesus IS our Spiritual Armor :)
Romans 13:14
Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.
For He is the Grace from God :)
2 Thessalonians 1:12
We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Fruit of Which..
Galatians 5:22-23a
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Standing is only accomlished by the grace of Jesus :)
Luke 9:47
Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him.

Luke 21:36
Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

Acts 5:20
"Go, stand in the temple courts," he said, "and tell the people the full message of this new life."

Acts 26:16
" 'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,' the Lord replied. 'Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you.

Acts 10:26
But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."

Romans 5:1-2
1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.

Romans 11:19-21
19You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in." 20Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

Romans 14:4
Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Romans 14:10
You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

1 Corinthians 15
Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand...

Do read this chaper of 1 Corinthians 15, for it is very enlightening as to the Grace in which Jesus died to give us :)

Back