Are You Wiser than a 5th Grader? Bible Study 06-18-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleburg

:D This weeks bible study will be the last of this series also I will work on making them shorter so until then please bear with me one more time:D

Proverbial Wisdom on How to Build Wealth

#1 Honor God with All you Have and All you Earn
Proverbs 3:9-10
Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce;
So your barns will be filled with plenty And your vats will overflow with new wine.
How does this Honor God?

#2 Work Hard
Proverbs 10:4
Lazy makes a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth
Proverbs 28:19
He who works his land will have abundant food, but the one who chases fantasies will have his fill of poverty

#3 Mindfully Manage your possessions
Proverbs 27:23-27

Be diligent to know the state of your flocks, And attend to your herds;
For riches are not forever, Nor does a crown endure to all generations.
When the hay is removed, and the tender grass shows itself,
And the herbs of the mountains are gathered in,
The lambs will provide your clothing, And the goats the price of a field;
You shall have enough goats’ milk for your food, For the food of your household, And the nourishment of your maidservants.
#4 Dodge the Snares of Squander
  • Imprudent Debt
Proverbs 22:26-27
Do not be a man who stikes hands in pledge or puts up security for debts; if you lack the means to pay, your very bed will be snatched from under you.
Your option what does this say about borrowing?

• Lustful Pleasures
Proverbs
21:17 He who loves pleasure will become poor
29:3 .....a companion of prostitutes squander his wealth
Enough said

• Excessive Lifstyles
Proverbs 23: 20-21
Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowiness clothes them in rags
So does this mean never drink and eat meat?

#5 Be Generous (especially to the poor)
Proverbs 11:24-25
One man gives freely, yet gains even more....A generous man will prosper
he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed
22:9
A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor
When you give if you give with an open or from the heart you will be blessed.

Yes or No and Why?

Be sure to check back next time same Bat channel Same Bat time.

#1 Proverbs 3:9-10
How does this Honor God?
This year Thomas & I decided to start tithing from our gross income instead of our net. We felt that we needed to give to God from the first of what we made (so what we earned before taxes). When I wrote out our budget for the year, there was no way we could afford it. Yet here we are very much blessed by God finacially. It honors God by trusting him to provide, insteading of depending on ourselves.

#4 Imprudent Debt Proverbs 22:26-27
We are usually not the ones to borrow, but we do, we do it i a way that we are not dependant on getting paid back. Or we just give it away. I do not like to owe those who I am close to. It does not create a good relationship. It can ruin friendships.

Excessive Lifstyles Proverbs 23: 20-21
No, it's talking about excess. This is something that I sometimes feel I struggle with. When I get a little extra money the first thing I want to do is go have a good meal. I feel like I have spent a lot of money and have nothing to show for it except 50 extra pounds.

#5 Be Generous (especially to the poor) Proverbs 11:24-25
Modern society tends to focus on people getting more for themselves, but if you look at movie stars, singers, or anyone who has a lot they aren't any happier. They are trying to fill a void with stuff. If they opened their hearts and gave they would find some fulfillment they never new they could have. Are people that give blessed. Absolutely!

#1 Proverbs 3:9-10
How does this Honor God?
This year Thomas & I decided to start tithing from our gross income instead of our net. We felt that we needed to give to God from the first of what we made (so what we earned before taxes). When I wrote out our budget for the year, there was no way we could afford it. Yet here we are very much blessed by God finacially. It honors God by trusting him to provide, insteading of depending on ourselves.

#4 Imprudent Debt Proverbs 22:26-27
We are usually not the ones to borrow, but we do, we do it i a way that we are not dependant on getting paid back. Or we just give it away. I do not like to owe those who I am close to. It does not create a good relationship. It can ruin friendships.

Excessive Lifstyles Proverbs 23: 20-21
No, it's talking about excess. This is something that I sometimes feel I struggle with. When I get a little extra money the first thing I want to do is go have a good meal. I feel like I have spent a lot of money and have nothing to show for it except 50 extra pounds.

#5 Be Generous (especially to the poor) Proverbs 11:24-25
Modern society tends to focus on people getting more for themselves, but if you look at movie stars, singers, or anyone who has a lot they aren't any happier. They are trying to fill a void with stuff. If they opened their hearts and gave they would find some fulfillment they never new they could have. Are people that give blessed. Absolutely!

AMEN Sister!!!! Seems lke you got alot out of this one, I did also and hope others will too. It is very interesting that when you give of yourself openly and sacrafice something God will provide any and all that is needed to help YOU out in more ways than you can count on.

This is very well done Kleburg. May the Holy Spirit fill you with continued wisdom to present studies for us that we may take to heart and bring to our lives and others.

This is very well done Kleburg. May the Holy Spirit fill you with continued wisdom to present studies for us that we may take to heart and bring to our lives and others.
Thank you so much. When I started this I was new to leading a bible study, but Notashamed believed in me and the rest God has done. When I sit down to write the studies out, yes I was using sermon notes from church, but those messages seem to hit a spot in my heart so I decided to share with my new extended family.
Again Thank You so uch for the kind words and blessing. Please continue to check out future studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back