Arena Talk

Pianoforte

So, I'm kinda setting up this thread for discussion about Arena in general including strategies, gear questions, and discussing team progress.

This week, Angrybro and I ran our 2s with great success! We were on the same page from the outset and went 8-2, bumping our rating up to 800+ which is exciting for me! We still gotta try to wrangle Mischeef in for some 2s, but she's busy doing that "real life" thing you guys always talk about.

On 3s, Angrybro, Reco, and I played a pretty extended set and ended 9-9. We started out 1-4 and were feeling pretty rusty and unorganized, but we pulled it together for a nice winning streak that peaked out at 8-5. After that, I think we got bumped up into the next rank of matchmaking and ended the night 9-9. We're still on the learning curve, but we're obviously doing something right, because we're definitely getting better.

We are currently seeking 2 more for a 5s team. I believe Asheriah said he'd be interested in being our second healer, so any of you big nukers out there that are interested, let us know! Depending on the makeup, I'll either be focusing on sheeping and slowing, or just summoning as many pets as possible and trying to crank out dmg.

I think we have some folks in the guild who are more than a little excited about our newfound pvp interest and I hope that you won't be too shy and jump into the fray with us! :D

Wow congrats on your 2's and 3's team. Xymnas and I finally got our 2's team to the 800 bracket. We're 24-28 though... I was on a really good 3's team though. We were in the 1400 bracket and won 8 games in a row... But then I got kicked and didn't even get the points for it. If anyone else that's geared and wants to do some "semi-serious" 2's or 3's let me know.

Yeah Mr. Fuzzy and i were amazing back in the day! we got to 1850 i believe it wass but then i quit :(
Once, if ever, i get my account back id be willing to do some arenas with yall

I've been thinking about dabbling in arena. I'd need a team that doesn't mind an extremely random schedule and who does not care that much about winning. I've never really done one before, and would just be having fun and getting used to it.

I'm thinking I'd be doing it on Redletters, since I have a lot of triumph emblems piling up that I don't have much use for, and I could buy pvp gear with them. Plus he's over 50k health with self-buffs.

Hey, everyone. I've been on vacation recently, but Scott (Moghrash-Hunter) and I are willing to join a 5s team if anyone needs DK/Hunter combo.

We're REALLY interested in adding a 3rd person to run 3s. We're pretty well geared and serious about driving the rating to a respectable level, so we're looking for someone with mostly Relentless/Wrathful gear that wants to make a run of it before time runs out on the season. A holy pally would probably be the best on-paper addition, but who cares about that? A good priest, tree, or shammy would make for some nasty times for the other team! Good stuff...

See you all in-game soon!

If u r a mage vs. Druid...spellsteal everything on him, including Innervate..

The only problem with this is that Spellsteal takes one stack of lifebloom per cast and they have a faster GCD than you. I've had a druid just spam it on himself until I was out of mana. I cried.

Also, spellsteal costs a ridiculous amount of mana, something Blizzard keeps saying they want to fix and balance.

I've been thinking about dabbling in arena. I'd need a team that doesn't mind an extremely random schedule and who does not care that much about winning. I've never really done one before, and would just be having fun and getting used to it.

I'm thinking I'd be doing it on Redletters, since I have a lot of triumph emblems piling up that I don't have much use for, and I could buy pvp gear with them. Plus he's over 50k health with self-buffs.

DO EET!!! but don't get frustrated when you get super waxed your first like, 10 games or so. Happens to everyone.

The only problem with this is that Spellsteal takes one stack of lifebloom per cast and they have a faster GCD than you. I've had a druid just spam it on himself until I was out of mana. I cried.

Also, spellsteal costs a ridiculous amount of mana, something Blizzard keeps saying they want to fix and balance.

When/If you Spellsteal a stack of Lifebloom do you not get mana restore from how Lifebloom works?

When/If you Spellsteal a stack of Lifebloom do you not get mana restore from how Lifebloom works?

Can't say I know the answer to that factually, but I know that the cost of lifebloom is nothing compared to the cost of Spellsteal, so you'd still oom way faster than the druid.

This is true, it does require timing to make sure you don't go oom doing it, primarily steal regrowth, rejuv's, and working CS in there at the right times. Sometimes it comes down to the luck of a proc, deep freeze, CS cd being up, mirror image, and water elemental being all @ the right time, then pounding him down as fast as possible.

This is true, it does require timing to make sure you don't go oom doing it, primarily steal regrowth, rejuv's, and working CS in there at the right times. Sometimes it comes down to the luck of a proc, deep freeze, CS cd being up, mirror image, and water elemental being all @ the right time, then pounding him down as fast as possible.

Yeah. It's supposedly "random" which buff is stolen first, but I swear I think it's coded to pick the least beneficial one possible. I particularly like to use it to take a priest's shield right after it's applied.

I miss when spellsteal would instantly steal an entire Earth Shield and not just one charge.

Back