Arena Teams

You're incapable of really 'earning' anything from arenas until level 70, as anything below that point is considered only practice.

It sounds worth it just for the fun factor (and seeing how well you do when your teammate's aren't charging off to HK farm >.< )

I wouldn't mind trying, although I'm not sure how much help I'd be, since I keep rather odd hours...

I need to focus in the old BGs first until 3 toons have epic mounts. By then I'll probably be sick of BGs for a while. After I recover my health, I'll stick my nose in one.

Okay... I don't know why this in Class discussion, I was SURE I put it in "Guild members only" but that's alright.

I don't mean we need to have arena teams right now, but I think putting something together and doing a little bit of trial runs would be great.

Also, due to the size restrictions on these teams.. (4,6,10 total for 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 respectively), I'd like to know who would be interested in joining a team (at level 70)...

And names, folks! We need names!! Names that point people to Christ but at the same time convey the message of "We're moppin' teh floors with ya."

And I'd like to avoid "The Crusade" or "The Crusaders" or "The Burning Crusaders" cuz... well... the expansion pack took that already :)

Try "Bible Thumpers".

It's a pun so horrible it's sure to incapacitate at least a few of them...

I'm in the same boat as Kirk. I'm working towards an epic cat on my mage so I'm gathering 30 of each token from the BGs.

The arena teams sound like fun though. I'd like to give it as shot once or twice to see if I like it, once I'm done with my mission for my mount.

Perhaps we could delve into church history to find a suitable figure to provide inspiration as we bring the Gospel through brute force. I would like to propose Pope Julius II, the so called "Fighting Pope" as our inspiration. We could make team names along the line of "Papal Authority" or "Pope's Justice Squad" or "Julius' Elite Guard". This would be rather funny given the majority of the guilds protestant leanings :)

Sean aka. "Panda man"

I would be interested on Tinie or Dalani.

Name: Righteous Fire?

That is the only one I can think of atm:)

Sean... I like the "Fighting Pope" statement, but I'd like to stray away from things reminiscent of the crusades or the inquisition. Just not the image of Christianity I'd like to promote.

I'd also like to avoid ambiguity. It's hard to be "not uber-combatant-Christian" and "not ambiguous" and "combatant Christian" all at the same time.

I was actually throwing around "Apologetics" for a while but then I thought it would be misinterpretted as "saying sorry" and not "defending the faith." Also frankly we're not in the arenas to defend but to conquer.

Another nice idea (from history) would be to have three teams, called "Sola Fide," "Sola Gratia," and "Sola Scriptura."

I like "Sola Fide" myself.

Of course, hiding behind Latin isn't great either. I guess we could call ourselves "Faith Alone."

Or I like this one: "Veni Vidi Deus Vici" aka "I came, I saw, God conquered"

Anyhow what I plan to do is to collect a big list of these names, and then do a poll :)

"Jeremiah Twentyeleven"
But the LORD is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail. They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced; their dishonor will never be forgotten.

"The Song of Deborah"
The prophetess Deborah sang a song after the Lord defeated Israel's enemies. It's a gooder -- it's totally metal :D

"oneCorfifteenfiftyseven"
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

"Jehoshaphat Tactical Unit"
Jehoshaphat was the king who God simply wasted the enemy army in front of.

"Faith of Gideon"
Gideon had faith to take out his enemies

"Trial of Faith"
:)

This one is sketchy but I'll throw it out:
"Bathe in Bad Blood" or "Bad Blood Bath" or something like that:
Psalm 58:10
The righteous will be glad when they are avenged,
when they bathe their feet in the blood of the wicked.

Just running through a concordance and pulling out name concepts :)

I would do a few trial runs with ya, just need to hit the BGs more like other folks.

But as far as names go, "Holy Cow Tippers"

I would be interested, but I'm focusing on getting my pvp gear (mainly weapons) right now. I would die so fast against people who actually have gear from raid zones, in an area that probably doesn't have any terrain or chaos that I can use to my advantage.

Back