Assassin's Creed 2

blackgravity

So I just beat this last night and wow. It's really a shame a first person shooter is going to get game of the year and not this. Bold statement, maybe, but that's just my thought on it.

It's not going to be for everyone, as per the series' stance on religion in general (and game 1 protagonist Altair's stance on Christianity in particular). But if you played the first one, and had the multitude of issues that a lot of people had with it, most if not all of those seem to be fixed. I loved the first game, and the 2nd just raised the bar that much more for #3.

Just to give this some bearing: I rented it, beat it, got 40 of 50 achievements, and I'm going to buy it anyway. Great job Ubi Montreal!

I played the first one on the 360 at a friends house and it seemed pretty nice.

Is it out for the PC?

Wow thats a long ways away. Im glad they are releasing it for the PC and I hope they are taking their time to properly tailor it for PC gamers... <coughmw2cough>.

I played the first one on the 360 at a friends house and it seemed pretty nice.

The problem isn't the gameplay, rather the REPEDITIVITIVITIVITIVITY of it. It is like they ran out of ideas midway into the storyline and decided to punish the player for buying the game. That and them attempting to kill your for going over the speed limit on a horse o0.

there's a 30 minute AC@ movie out there. It's .5 gigs in size. I am running out of space on my webserver to host i though..:(

You can watch the Lineage on Youtube, I won't hot link it because it is really lifelike and there are a lot of realist death scenes in it, but I loved watching the Assassin's Creed Lineage, they should just make the blockbuster movie now (or trilogy as AC1 would be a good flick too)

If my memory serves me well, AC1 for the PC was delayed well after the console release, really, really REALLY made me mad at the time. So, this time I'm expecting the long delay and I won't try to uncover the plot before I play it for myself.

the plot on this one is best left for gameplay, for sure. i can't wait til there are more people to talk about it with, just.

i was left speechless.

I am seriously seriously looking forward to playing this. I loved AC1, though I spent most of my time running around climbing stuff and finding places to jump off of... :D

I am seriously seriously looking forward to playing this. I loved AC1, though I spent most of my time running around climbing stuff and finding places to jump off of... :D

As another person who loved the first, despite the issues it had, you're in for a ride. The environments are better, and more varied, the city streets have more life to them, and they are amazingly detailed. Venice is probably the best designed world/level in any game I have played. I really can't say enough good things about this game. The wait for #3 is going to be excrutiating:(

i agree. i love the times where you could jump from the highest buildings into small hay stacks.
I'm planning on borrowing this from a friend and beating it.

To those who have beat it, did they continue the story line from the first? I beat the first one on PC a few weeks ago and the story line was left on a semi cliff hanger. did they even continue it?

Well, keep in mind when i say seconds after, it picks up seconds after Desmond's timeline story. You play as a different assassin, Ezio Auditore de Firenze, but I like him better anyway. I'm not going to get into story elements, because it's really deep, and over a huge span of time, but I wasn't disappointed. The camera can be kinda off sometimes, and the controls could be a tad tighter in some situations, but that hardly touches all the awesome factors for me.

Game is so win. GOTY for me, hands down. And you're talking to one of the biggest Uncharted series dorks ever.

You play as a different assassin, Ezio Auditore de Firenze, but I like him better anyway. I'm not going to get into story elements, because it's really deep, and over a huge span of time,

warning, this might spoil some of the storyline for you...
So, you still play as Desmond. But Ezio Firenze is a different ancestor of him. Are you still working for the corporation (templar). and are you still trying to find the pieces of Eden? Oh, and if you can't respond without ruining some of the storyline, please just don't answer.

warning, this might spoil some of the storyline for you...
So, you still play as Desmond. But Ezio Firenze is a different ancestor of him. Are you still working for the corporation (templar). and are you still trying to find the pieces of Eden? Oh, and if you can't respond without ruining some of the storyline, please just don't answer.

AC1 endgame spoilersssss

you start out escaping from abstergo. i will leave it at that. and yes, pieces of eden play a big part in it still.

Having just finished it I have to agree with Wow. The changes they made have made a huge improvement with the gameplay.

While the first game was fun, by the time I got to the last few assassinations it felt like a chore trying to finish it. With this game I enjoyed it the whole way through, and was quite eager to finish it to find out what happened. The repetitiveness of the first game is mostly gone and the missions are much more varied. Plus you have some awesome new moves, like assassinations from hay bales.

Overall, to anyone who even remotely liked the first game, you will love this game.

Back