Atowns prayer thread

unspoken prayer request for this week btw, thanks

unspoken prayer request for this week btw, thanks

pretty much parents were arguing pretty badly all weekend, nothign was working well and even my comp was talkin back to me. thursday i kinda broke a little under all the pressure of school and life. but tuesday the sunday came out and stuff is pretty good. The Lord is good and starr has been really supportive. thanks all again for praying for me.

Jeez!

Atown, I think you're a little addicted to forums. *ROFL* Anywayz, pray for Rachael and her new child that's growing bit by bit in her tummy! :p
*Starr*

This weekend was interesting enough, friday we packed we think up to 500 care packages again for troops in iraq and afghanistan for our skillsusa community service project stuff went good, went to movies with jess and my homegroup, but then as we went home jess aperently followed (its an all guys homegorup) so stuff got interesting, working some stuff out with group, parents, etc. please pray for this next week, 3 tests in a row, monday geology, tuesday geology lab, wednesday hist, please pray we are like uber pros and just like totally pwn n stuff. thanks

update: i finally told my dad about me n starr dating and it went so-so, pray for that matter because my dad is a public school teacher and sees all his students and other dinks with g/fs and now hes like ZOMG your gonna fail school and be micro-managed the rest of ur life. did so so on geology exam, please pray for upcoming ones on tuesday and wednesday, thankyou

Ummm....

Atown, where is that place that I'm supposed to sign up for prayer group this Sat? I'm not sure how to find it. Anywayz, since this is our prayer thread, I should add a request.
I think Satan as been attacking Atown and I (Starr) lately. At least our relationship, anywayz. I want to pray for that and also for the bit about his parents both knowing about our relationship now. His dad thinks I'm like his HS kids except that I'm a Christian. Lemme tell you, there's no way you can compare me with them! Being a homeschooler really helped in that field. But I pray that they can come to accept me as a possible daughter-in-law. I don't know what God has in store, but if Atown truely is meant to be my husband, then may God bless us from here on out on that. ^_^ Satan, go bye bye! Peace Out! ^_~ \/
*Starr*

this week i have a history test, math placement test (which pretty much decides my future in education regarding getting my AAS on time or not), geology test wednesday and business test thursday. im getting really stressed out because i still have alot of paper work to do on a ton of other things and its not even finals week and i found out i now have a odd looking rash on my face because of the stress (which looks like purple acne) so yeah, please pray.

A VERY VERY VERY LARGE UNSPOKEN PRAYER REQUEST IS NEEDED.

wish i could say more but something potentially very bad has happened and need prayer like nothing else right now

We aced our finals but on thursday we have a different kind of exam coming up so please pray that whatever happens is the Lords will in regards with what happens and where we go in life.

aced our history finals, not so much ace of geology yet still good, and did well in other classes ^_^. another exam happened and went well enough but need another in a week to make sure i can do math 99 or higher among other things

hehe. i really try hard not to do anything stupid but its like Captain Jack Sparrows always says: You can always trust a dishonest person to be dishonest, honestly its the honest ones you need to look out for because you never know when their going to do something incredibly..... stupid.

Amazing, you wrote that back in September (it's December now for future reference) and we never had any idea that we would do such a stupid thing. It's hilarious because we were aiming to be the perfect children that our respective parents wanted us to be, and out of the blue we did something crazy like that. So that saying is so CORRECT!
But yeah, pray for us. From what it looks right now, a certain degree of separation is needed. What I'm worried about is that his mother might take it a step bit too far and permanantly ruin our relationship. But I agree to a certain extent because our love needs to be tested - and I mean truly tested. We're just kids according to the real world because we're just stepping into it - and that's only a toe (the little pig one *laf*.)
I feel that I've gained so much more wisdom than before from this, it's just too bad that I had to learn it the hard way. I found that I could talk to the Women's Prayer/Bible Group and learn things from them, talk to my best friend (who I have reprimended in the past for particular things) and so on. They will keep me on track, not to mention my own parents who know now. I'm glad they do, too. What I'm really worried about is Adam and who he can talk to. There aren't many around physically who can be there and be strong and have gone through it already or whatever. You know, like a pastor or whatever comes to mind who are very on track and are a reliable source. I have that, but I don't think he does. I'm very worried and so I'm praying for him - not only for that, but for other things as well.
Sorry the message is so long. God Bless you all!

*LAF!*

Math... *shudder*

*prays all the more fervently*

Then pray for me as such for next quarter, as I will be taking Precalculus: Algebra (Math 119) and then Precalculus: Trigonometry (Math 120) the quarter after that - which will be my last quarter before graduation of high school and college! Yaaay! Sorry, I thought it was funny you said that. :D

Btw,

For those who do not know all that I'm saying above, please understand that Atown and I have gone through a major crisis, made mistakes, and now we're paying for it. It now involves both of our families big time and we need your prayer so much. It may be the strongest thing that will keep us together. They say distance-relationships never work...well let's prove that theory wrong! I believe in us, but I also believe in the power Satan has over our minds if we open those doors. So please....PRAY! I feel kind of selfish, having our own thread to pray about us but....ah, it's all Atown's fault! *Laf!* :cool: Anywayz, thank you so much for all of you, taking the time to read up on our daily lives - although I'm not as faithful to that as Atown is. It must be somewhat interesting to you if it coincides w/anyone of you at all. I suppose it's kind of embarrassing, but I really don't feel that way. It's just a good opportunity to get good, sound advice and to receive prayer like we should always be doing - for ourselves and for others. God Bless you all!

(sorry if this sounds like a lecture. It's an "encouragement." I just think in lectures. :p)
(so give yourself a big big hug while you read it)
(cuz we ALL love you, cuz we're the body of Christ and Christ really really does love you :) )

For those who do not know all that I'm saying above, please understand that Atown and I have gone through a major crisis, made mistakes, and now we're paying for it.

"This righteousness [your salvation] from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

I put italics in here to point out some stuff. Focus on that, I'm not focusing on the word "sinned" here. Lol. *hugs*

Your salvation, AKA righteousness, comes FREE from God through your faith in Jesus. Hold on to the faith, both of y'all. Look to Jesus, not to the oopses :)

I italicized "no" in the second sentence. This verse was written to the ancient "law/grace" debate, where some people were saying you need to follow all of the Old Testament law or else you couldn't be saved. In essence, you had to never screw up. Here, Paul is saying there is no difference. You aren't saved because you never "had a crisis" or never "screwed up." You are saved because you were justified because Jesus REDEEMED (that's bought back, or fixed up, or set free) you from your mistakes and sins. And, as that verse says, he did it FOR FREE!

Yes, consequences happen. But no, don't think for a second it is cuz God's mad at you. Listen to this:

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"

Umm yeah. God, he loves you. Lots. He proved it by sending his Son.
So yeah, nothing can stand in your way if you look to Him, put Him first, and have faith. Oh yeah, and actually He's not too picky about how well you do those three things. Cuz he loves you lots.
(at this part you should be able to stop giving yourself that big big hug cuz you may be able to sense that God's doing that already for you)

The Bible verse I just quoted (Rom 8:31-32 for those who care) says that if God loves you, He won't stop for NOBODY to get to you and love on you.

No matter what.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No matter what.

I think that covers a moment of weakness.

NO MATTER WHAT.

Amen.

It now involves both of our families big time and we need your prayer so much...
...So please....PRAY!

Will do!!!!
And hugs. I'm praying a hug at you right now. Honest :D
'Course, I think God loves to hug people all the time. But just this time I want it to be a special hug so you can be sure to feel it.

I feel kind of selfish, having our own thread to pray about us

Don't. I think right now having a prayer thread for you is REALLY important. This is gonna get rough, but ultimately it is just another one of the stupid plans Satan comes up with that he THINKS are gonna work.

What ya need is Prayer Warriors cheering God on as He bashes Satan over the head for a while till he gets the picture, and Prayer Medics (intercessors) making sure that you feel the love and comfort you need to get you through this safe and sound and with a greater trust in God.

I suppose it's kind of embarrassing, but I really don't feel that way. It's just a good opportunity to get good, sound advice and to receive prayer like we should always be doing - for ourselves and for others. God Bless you all!

Yup yup. And God bless you both too. Don't neglect this forum. We love you, God loves you, and we aren't scared to show that we love you. So keep us in touch and we'll keep in touch with God. :)

More hugs!!!

Looks embarrassedly at his prior post: wow, I don't know how to write encouragements. I should have stuck to saying "hugly-hugs".

Looks embarrassedly at his prior post: wow, I don't know how to write encouragements. I should have stuck to saying "hugly-hugs".

*ROFL!* That's hilarious. Anywazy, there's no need to worry now. I'm not erm....pregnant. But it still is going to be a rough ride because as of right now, Atown and I are not able to speak - except through email...and I'm not even sure his mom approves of that. I don't think they know the good news yet though so....we'll see.

And as for the fact that we're facing the consequences - I did neglect to mention that yes, it isn't because God's mad at us persay, but that he's doing his job of being a parent. It's what all parents are supposed to do because that's what God wants them to do. Be disciplined and that one shall learn, as to the opposite, nothing shall be gained. All will be covered over and the same mistake will occur again.

Whew, this is difficlut...but I know we're going to make it out just fine! I see a light! I see a light! I'm cooooooommmmmmmming (not to heaven yet, that is!) ^_~

*Starr*

day of truth coming up tomorow. ive been meaning to take a math test to place higher and ive been studying my brains out like crazy. i orignally tested math 94 but i need 99 to graduate on time and 107 would be nice so i dont have to pay for it. so please pray i can get it.

Back