attack of the show

michaelpi

ok well i use to love the screen savers!! with leo and the awsome kevin rose.
but than g4 had to buy them out and got ride of all the good shows the made a new show called aots it was ok it still had kevin rose and some of the older guys then kevin rose left than sarah lane how i just wached it tonight it just plane sucks. and now they started using hevy cuss words it just shoked me

See, I liked G4 before they bought TechTV. Now all they have is a bunch of crap shows, and a lot of them don't even have a thing to do with games. The only ones I like are Cinematech and X-Play.

I used to 'try' to watch G4. I thought it was a cool idea to have a gaming related channel. After forcing myself to sit through some of the low quality shows on there with their terrible hosts, I just skip over that channel now. Besides, 90% of the games they cover are for consoles. It's a niche channel. They should orient it more for the relatively niche PC gamer market. We're more hardcore gamers. :)

astrod00d said:
I used to 'try' to watch G4. I thought it was a cool idea to have a gaming related channel. After forcing myself to sit through some of the low quality shows on there with their terrible hosts, I just skip over that channel now. Besides, 90% of the games they cover are for consoles. It's a niche channel. They should orient it more for the relatively niche PC gamer market. We're more hardcore gamers. :)

Exactly what I was gonna say! :D

I hate G4 for destroying TechTV. All they did is buy them and remove all their shows! Oh well, at least now we have Diggnation and the like.

Oh, and whats with all the sex stuff on that channel? Like any nerd would watch a nerd channel for sex! Totally stupid. TechTV was starting to go in that direction a little at their demise though.

Is G4 really even a gaming channel though? All it has is X-Play. Attack of the Show spends much of its air time covering topics outside of gaming, and Star Trek and Fastlane seem to fill out the rest of the schedule.

turn_key said:
G4 killed the channel... no doubt.

I did see a few episodes of Call for Help which was hosted by Leo. It was pretty good, and in the spirit of screen savers.

Heres some screen savers clips on google video http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=screen+savers
Yeah, the new Call for Help airs on G4techTV in Canada right now, and G4 brought the show down for a few months. The US rebroadcast was then cancelled in early January of this year due to poor ratings. I wonder why, because it was in either the 9 or 11 AM ET timeslots -- G4's worst-viewed slots. D'oh!

Kevin Pereira -- a host of Attack of the Show.

He's also pretty good at what he does. Him and Morgan Webb are the only ones worth watching on G4 nowadays.

Morgan Webb bugs me, but not as much as Adam Sessler. I don't think of Morgan Webb as a gamer, but as a...well... she's just there because she's "hot". I doubt she spends much of her time playing games other than when she reviews them, or at least I got that feeling when I was watching the show, I dunno, maybe it's different now. Adam Sessler is just annoying as heck, he's really immature and I think half the reason he's there is so that he can be made fun of by Morgan, it's pretty pathetic.

I haven't liked X-Play in a really long time. It started going down the crapper even before G4 got ahold of it.

I don't think Morgan is "hot", but I think she and Kevin are the only people with any amount of talent on G4. =/

And, indeed, Sessler is very hard to watch... and that girl that hosted Cheat!.

For all the knocking the spastic Adam Sessler receives in this thread, I would like to point out that he seems to be one of the few talking heads on G4TV that has actually picked up a controller before.

Perhaps I need to be scolded for making a cynical and hasty assumption, but I seriously doubt that Morgan Webb (X-Play), Kristen Holt (Cheat!), or Oliva Munn (Attack of the Show!) are avid videogame players. The largest demographic group in videogames after all is males ages 18 to 34, and having your videogame news delivered to you in an "aesthetically pleasing way" guarantees at least some kind of audience...albeit a horny one.

Amusingly, I would like to point out that Adam Sessler is actually less spastic on the scripted X-Play than he is in interviews. I watched him interview the CEOs of Bioware and have himself interviewed by Kevin Pereira and the dude could simply not sit still. It was hilarious. I thought he was having multiple seizures.

Back