August 8th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
I Will Show You

The Lord said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you."

-Genesis 12:1 (NRSV)

LIKE Abram, I left my home because of God's call. I moved 1,500 miles away from friends and family to attend seminary. I wondered, What new friends will I make? What new ideas will I be exposed to? Why am I going so far from my home?

People told me how courageous I was to follow where God was calling me. But it wasn't courage that led me; it was fear -- fear of what I would miss and of people I would not meet. It was the fear that if I chose not to answer God, I would not be able to live my faith completely.

God calls each of us daily to live a life of eager expectation. Following God's call offers a life so rich with possibilities, so overflowing with grace, that not heeding God's nudging would leave us forever in regret.

How is God calling you today? What step does God ask you to take? Each of us, like Abram, can heed God's voice.

Jerry W. Krueger (Ohio, U.S.A.)

Prayer:
God who nudges us, give us courage to do as you ask. Grant us the trust that what you have in store for us is greater than we can imagine. Instill in us love for you so great that we gladly follow your leading, eager to see what you have prepared for us. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Back