Back from Holiday!

AmericanJudkins

I've been away in Texas where, for some reason, Guild Wars wouldn't run on any of my family's computers / laptops, so I couldn't check out any of the Christmas updates... it was a sad feeling.

I was on a Holiday Cruise doing caricatures (don't get too excited for me, it was not that good of a deal, especially for a professional caricaturist).

But I will be excited to get back and play my Gob Bluth character. Right before I left for the cruise I worked him up into Droknar's Forge... and I think he's ready to join an Air or Earth Spike team. Are we still trying to get one of those together?

Joey J

G O B Bluth (lvl 20 E/Me)
Joeyface Babybird (lvl 20 W/El)

All of the Guild Wars bandwidth in Texas is allotted to Halonic. You need to reserve GW bandwidth space in Texas months in advance. There is one 3.5 hour slot open on the night of January 4th...about 7pm Central.....during the Rose Bowl.

I'm assuming the bandwidth thing is a joke...

but seriously, i have tried and tried on my mom's computer here, and the program loads, but the connection fails. Is it really a bandwidth issue? We think it's the NETGEAr wireless router she's connected to.

You are correct in assuming the bandwidth thing is a joke. Us old folks have still have our crude attempts at humor.

I really can't help with your issue. Perhaps others who are more geekified can help.

The only reason that GW wouldn't work would be if a firewall is blocking the ports that GW requires. That is assuming that the Internet connection wasn't down and at least one of the PCs you tried met the minimum system requirements.

I have a really neat pnp firewall on my linux box that opens and closes ports based on which programs are listening. I managed to get the same functionality on my belkin wireless AP.

Back