Behind our Character names

This is sort of a bump, so new people will see it. But I've also got a new character name, so I'm using that as an excuse.

"Lady Adraea" has been promoted to "Marquessa Adraea."
Actually, her full name is "Her Honor Adraea Ellemir, Marquessa of the House of Silverwind, High Mage of the Alliance of Argent Thaumaturgists." But that's too long for Guild Wars. :D

("Adraea Ellemir" is my character/screen name at the Fans for Christ D&D forum. She is, indeed, a Marquessa in the House of Silverwind, and second-in-command of the mage's guild.)

Paul's new character: Xandria Moonbrooke
"XandriaMoonbrook" is my name on blogger. That was the name of my first "real" D&D character. Basically, my husband created a character and named her after "me." So it's "our" character. Right....notice she isn't listed in my sig...

Hathil Galion: completely random

Maeve Morana: "intoxicating death" (Irish/Slavic)

Jael of Ken: read Judges 4 (especially 17-24)

Lib Smog: again, completely random.

*Goes to check Fans for Christ D&D forum... contemplates resurrecting Grunch, the half-orc warrior with 18/100 strength and 3 INT*

The neat thing about Grunch was that he was a BLAST to roleplay. He'd go for a swim, then almost drown because he forgot to take off his full plate armor... he got three wishes, and wished for a leg of lamb, a new pair of pants, and a hamster, which he promptly put in his back pocket and sat on, ruining both the hamster and the new pair of pants. At least he enjoyed the leg of lamb.

Well out of bordom here at work I have decided to post the origins of my character names.

Bob Mckenzie - One of the two main characters from Strange Brew, one of the stupidest and funniest movies ever eh. Did you know is you watch it enough it is actually the story of hamlet and the Mckenzie brothers are Horatio and Marcellus. Ok I am really bored today.

Lo Pahn - The bad guy from Big Trouble Little China, one of the best movies ever. No one is badder than Lo Pan. Had to put an h in his name because one of the NPCs in Lion's Arch is named Lo Pan.

Ooobie DoobieBenubie - Watch thumb wars then you will understand why bad is bad and good is good.

Ok now back to staring at a computer screen and wondering why my code does not work today.

Bump again.

New people, we would love to hear from you! Established folks, how about giving us an update on your new characters? None of the Factions characters are listed here!

Can't believe I never posted in this thread.

Michio is a japanese name which means "Man with strength of three thousand"
I originally picked this as the first name of my warrior because warriors of course are strong, what better name than Michio.

Rai is also a Japanese name meaning "lightning or thunder".

Takeo is a Japanese name as well meaning "man like bamboo"(very strong like bamboo)

Kenichi is Japanese as well meaning strong one.

Warrior: Michio Rai = Thunderous man with the strength of three thousand.
Monk: Takeo Kenichi = Strong man like bamboo.
Ranger: Michio of the Wood = Man with the strength of three thousand of the wilderness.
Necro: Michio the Cursed = Cursed man with the strength of three thousand.
Mesmer: Michio the Magus = Magician with the strength of three thousand.
Assassin: Michio Deathblade = Blade wielding man with strength of three thousand.

I woulda varied the names a little but keeping most of my characters with the name Michio tends to cause less confusion.

hey,
Mathias The Fighter- i read the Redwall series by brian Jacques (pronounced jakes) he is my ele. and the fighter cuz in the book he is the son of Luk the Warrior.

Lil Destoryer- DUH my tank, and destroyer is spelt wrong for fun.

Scipio zephyr- i read the book The Thief Lord (AWESOME BOOK) scipio was a, DUH a theif and this char is my assassin, zephyr is cuz that is my bros assassin's last name, so......i made our characters brothers (like in real life)

Mrs. Eat Your face- my necro, has no real meaning

so that is that!

keepin' it real during Rub-A-Dub time

ducky

Lady Cordelia Anne - LCA was inspired by my wife, Laura. She is a romantic by nature, and an English major in college, and she loves old classic movies, British mystery/spy novels, and Jane Austen, so that's where the "Lady" comes from. She always wanted to have the name 'Cordelia' (as in Cordelia Drexel Biddle from Walt Disney's 1967 movie "The Happiest Millionaire") when she was growing up, and well Anne is her middle name. So hopefully that explains the 'wierd' name :D

Eochai The Humble - Created on St. Patricks Day 2006, so I decided to use an Irish Baby name engine to find a name for him. Eochai is derivitive of the traditional medeval Irish name Eochaid, which apparently means 'horse' or 'king'. I just thought it had a nice ring to it. Humility is a Christian trait that is very counter cultural in our society today, especially for gianormous warrior types. Though after playing him for weeks, using "The Humble" as a title seemed a bit like an oxymoron, but my intention was not to boast about his humbleness!

Every Knee & Every Tongue - It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" Romans 14:11 (NIV)

azuresun said:
Lady Cordelia Anne

So hopefully that explains the 'wierd' name :D
Oh, but I LIKE that name...and not because it's a mes. I just like the name.

Of course, the ARMOR is another matter...Not very ladylike! ;)

Last edited:
MaidMirawyn said:
Paul's new character: Xandria Moonbrooke
"XandriaMoonbrook" is my name on blogger. That was the name of my first "real" D&D character. Basically, my husband created a character and named her after "me." So it's "our" character. Right....notice she isn't listed in my sig...

PvP monking is a notoriously frustrating and difficult venture, so I don't expect you to play Xandria much my dear. But Xandria WAS a cleric, and I did ask you specifically for permission before creating a character with that name.

Here are my other characters:

Paulus Secundus - This is my main factions character (a Rt/Mo). Wanted everyone to know when they saw the name that its me (Paul). Of course, secundus means "the second" - so Paulus Secundus is "Paul 2", which distinguishes me from "Paul 1" (Arks Lina).

(My original Rt/Mo created during the first PvP factions weekend looked almost exactly like Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I called him "Spike the Healer". They changed the face options though and I was no longer able to make him look like Spike.)

Imam Bayildi - My knockdown warrior-ette. In the Turkish language, Imam Bayildi means literally "The Imam fainted". It is the name of a famous eggplant dish (very creamy and decadent). Legend has it that a Muslim Imam (priest) fainted when sampling this dish, because it was so sinfully good. I thought this was a great name for a warrior who spends most of her time knocking down monks. :D

Eva Alexandria - Sorry, I'm not tellin'. Dea can if she wants to. :)

Axe Me No Questions - <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :cool:

Oh, I'm honored. But she is YOUR character, not mine. :D

Besides, you're only doing it because she incinerated herself in a twenty-foot-wide column of flame to save the world...

Last edited:
MaidMirawyn said:
Of course, the ARMOR is another matter...Not very ladylike! ;)

Hey now! I believe you are impugning Cordelia's honor! :D Her armor is much more conservative then what it used to be; she is just slightly scandalous now. Though I will admit, I am planning on getting some pants for her as soon as I can afford another black dye (I'm in the hole about 40k right now). Her current fashion isn't warm enough for all this exploring in the Southern Shiverpeaks.

Rho
Rho Mangelon - Rho was a military rank in an old Mech Warrior campaign from "The Order of the Palm" and Mangelon sounded cool. Was a joint carachter with my wife until the end of the desert when we needed a lot of help now (she does not like to ask for help) mostly played by me.

Kel
Protector Keladry - Keladry is the main character in Tamora Pierce's "Protector of the Small" series about the first girl training to become a knight. (mostly played by my wife)

Brandy
Rho Brandrodd - Rho is the common thread and Brandrodd is old norse for fire daggers or fire points. Seemed fitting for a dagger weilding elementalist. joint with me and my wife

Red
The Redenbacher - Yes folks named after the POPCORN!! (mostly played by my goofy son)

Karl
Karl Kettle Corn - Just sticking with the popcorn theme. Played by our son.

As my contribution to the LCA modesty fund I have a black dye in storage you can have next time you and I are in game togather just ask.

Rho

Vibro Katana: My warrior, original character name, a vibroweapon is a blade enchanced by sonic pulses going through the blade, in effect making it similar to knife through butter

Divine Serendipity: My monk, name relatively means intervention by God. Sounds cool, and i grabbed it from my preachers sermon :p

Serene Trapper: My ranger, if your gonna trap you have to have patience, since it seems to be in short supply then name gives a good link.

Wraith of Dispair: I hate necros so choosing a name for one was quite painful

Meiya To Naru: My ritualist, translates to "respected teacher" in japaneese.

Manyik said:
As my contribution to the LCA modesty fund I have a black dye in storage you can have next time you and I are in game togather just ask.

Rho

Thanks Rho! But I would feel awful taking your dye. In all seriousness, if her attire has offended anyone I sincerely apologize. She can just wear green pants for now until I save up the coin for some more dye.

Back