Best multiplayer games on Virtual Console?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
What would you all consider the best multiplayer games on Virtual Console?

I have 2 Classic Controllers and 2 Gamecube Wavebird controllers and I'm looking for quality party games.

EDIT: I already have Mario Kart 64. :D

Most N64 games would be the best ones, I've already named a few on the other thread.

But technically, any of the newer ones would be better than the N64 versions;

Mario Party 7, SSBM, etc.

- BattleTanx: Global Assault
- Bomberman 64
- Destruction Derby 64
- Diddy Kong Racing
- F-Zero X
- Goldeneye 007
- Jet Force Gemini
- Perfect Dark
- Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA!!!
- Turok: Rage Wars
- Wave Race 64
- Wetris
- Winback
- Worms Armageddon

All of them, 4-players! :cool:

Makes me cry that I only own 1 of those games on my N64. :(

Oops, Rush 2 is not 4-players...

There were others I liked.

Vigilante 8; Similar to Interstate '76
WCW vs nWo: World Tour; It was fun playing Mysterio.
Re-Volt; Toy cars, LOL.
Re-Volt; Wikipedia said:
To aid them in this there are a variety of lightning-bolt shaped pickups lying around the track. Collecting one of these provides the player with a random weapon varying from oil slicks to fireworks to batteries that increase your speed for a short period of time.

If you mean multiplayer as in just people playing together on one console (and not on the line, so to speak) I have just two words...

BUBBLE BOBBLE

If you mean multiplayer as in just people playing together on one console (and not on the line, so to speak) I have just two words...

BUBBLE BOBBLE
w00t for 2-player Bubble Bobble.

Unfortunately, my wife doesn't like the game. :(

The VC releases i play loads with friends are Bomberman 93 and TV Show King (wiiware). I also have Bubble Bobble, Turrican and R-Type (classics!!)

The VC releases i play loads with friends are Bomberman 93 and TV Show King (wiiware). I also have Bubble Bobble, Turrican and R-Type (classics!!)

I second that vote for TV Show King. Great WiiWare game and lots of fun as a party game. For 10 bucks trivia doesn't get much better.

How about Snowboard kids 1 and 2, It was great back then. :( I will buy its, once it out!

Edit: And Bomberman 64, my favorite too, I missed it :(

Last edited:
re-volt = gaming joy in a small megabyte package. I used to own re-volt on pc, best rc car game of all time. Pupmped to hear it's on Virtual Console

Back