Bible Study 5-7-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleburg

Say What?
1 Chron. 17:16-17
Then David the king went in and sat before the LORD and said, "Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my house that You have brought me this far?
"This was a small thing in Your eyes, O God; but You have spoken of Your servant's house for a great while to come, and have regarded me according to the standard of a man of high degree, O LORD God.

1) Who am I? =_______???_____ Grace
Psalm 8: 3-4
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him?
2) You have brought me this far….. = _____???_______ Grace
3) You have spoken about the future of the house of your servant = ______???_______ Grace

In your own opinion what types of grace is God giving us?
Would you consider?
#1 as Attractive Grace? Why?
#2 as enabling Grace ? Why?
#3 as saving Grace? Why?

So What?
1) “Who am I….?”
John 15:16 (Jesus) “You did not choose me, but I chose you….”
Romans 11: 5-6, So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
2) “You have brought me this far…..”
John1:16, From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.
Acts 26:22, “ But I have God’s help to this very day, and so I stand here and testify to small and great alike.”
3) “You have spoken about the future of the house…”
John 14: 2-3 (Jesus) “In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you, I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that also you may be where I am.”

Grace is undeserved forgiveness. We can't earn it. All the good deeds we do cannot give us the right to have grace. We can never do enough good things to get grace. In my opinion we have saving grace. It saves of from what we are unable to save ourselves from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back