bittorrent help

you shouldn't be doing that. it's piracy.

go to Blockbuster and spend the 3.50 to rent the movie

but its alot easier to dl it. Plus what about the torrent help.
And u didn't suggest dling it, but I'm not asking u if I should dl it, I'm asking how to fix the torrent. Lets say I'm dling a game demo.
So if u're comp freezes and when u open azerus up and the file isn't there, can u fix it. Hypotetically speaking of cource..
Its not $3.50 at blockbuster I'm in canada. Plus me and Blockbuster arn't the best of friends. Had a argument with them. They lost one of the DVD's I returned and the blamed me. I'm like if I rent the whole series of band of brother ( I think it was 7 CDS) y would I return everyone of them and keep the documentary, which I didn't like. And I was renting 2-3 movies a week. So now I don't go to blockbuster. ANd i was at Rogers and they had all the copies rented out.

cool k, I've never used it before.

Oh yeah to the kids out ther, piracy is wrong. Stay in school. And watch the Wiggles their crazy.

I use Bittorrent to download legal trailers and legal demos all the time.
smile.gif
Stereotypes are bad.
sad.gif

As for your problem, I've never heard of it happening, and it hasn't happened to me, so I am not sure.

i always find it funny when people say stereotypes are bad.

If stereotypes weren't true, then they wouldn't be a stereotype, for by it's very nature stereotypes are a characteristic that a prominent visible portion of a demographic holds.

What's bad is to base an opionion or pre-judge based upon stereotypes.

I don't like stereotypes. When I'm at safeway or save on and their giving free samles sometimes when I go to try one the lady will be like that has meat in it, can u eat it. Or when I'm in a restaurant and order something, they'll ask I can eat it because its beef or meat. And I'm like I know what I can eat. But just Because I'm E. Indian they think I can't eat beef or meat.
I don't like those stereotypes.

actually jo, that's the samples lady is actually doing her job. She, knowing a good percentage of Indians view cows as sacred, is informing you (who is obviously of Indian descent) of the sample's content so if you did view cows as sacred, you would not break your religious laws.

but if its a piece of sausage, wouldn't I know that that would be made of meat. And if I don't eat beef I would ask if there is any beef in it.

Also when I worked at toys r us, indian peple used to come up to me and talk pujabi or hindi. Andwhen I say I don't understand they accuse me of being embarrised of my indian backround. But do all indians have to speak hindi or pujabi.
But I guess there is good and bad stereotyping.

Ok, sorry to stick my nose into this conversation but I would like to add to the legit use of bittorrent. I use it all the time for Linux .iso images, especially since most distro mirrors are swamped when a new release is had. Also use it a bit for game demos, especially the large ones. Take two releases recently, Tribes and Tribes II were released for free via FileFront. If someone had seeded those files I could have found those files and been done downloading before my turn even take up
smile.gif

My point is simply this, tools are not what is wrong, it is how they are used. Bittorrent is not the most popular tool for pulling illegal stuff down but it is a great way to move content around. We are seeing it replicated even in the model Valve uses with Steam. Steam is a collection of servers feeding and cross feeding downloads. Its the next big thing, companies can not afford to be footing the bill for all these very large files and offering them at high speeds and for free. Let those who want the file share in its distribution.

JoBlow, I have no idea after reading this whole thing, what problem you are actually having with bittorrent but the main problem most ppl have with it is they do not know that they are also contributing to the uploading to other ppl and their firewalls are not configured correctly so they get terrible download speeds.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JoBlow @ July 13 2004,4:01)]I don't like stereotypes. When I'm at safeway or save on and their giving free samles sometimes when I go to try one the lady will be like that has meat in it, can u eat it. Or when I'm in a restaurant and order something, they'll ask I can eat it because its beef or meat. And I'm like I know what I can eat. But just Because I'm E. Indian they think I can't eat beef or meat.
I don't like those stereotypes.
She's doing something nice for you. I would be grateful even if I wasn't Hindu. They don't know that, they're just trying to be helpful.

well my comp froze so I restarted it. When I opened Azeurus the file I was getting wasnt there. But since I had already dled 740MB of it I wanted to know if there was anyway to save it, or do u start again. I know I'm uploading to other people, I understand that part.
But don't worry I'm going to rent it tomorrow.:) Just for u Cheryl.:D

I don't care what you do, but don't ask us for help with illegal stuff. For what it's worth I use bittorrent for game dame and linux ISO's perfectly legal and free

I wasn't asking help on anything illegal, I wanted to know if there was a way to save the file. It was a torrent question. I've used it for movie trailers. But I've never had this problem.:)

Back