Bravely Default

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I just completed the demo.

And I mean completed. As in, defeated every available boss and unlocked all 7 bonus kits for the full version.

The initial discovery that the game uses random encounters was a MASSIVE disappointment, but discovering the game lets you toggle random encounters on and off was enough to keep me playing until I got hooked.

I'm still violently opposed to paying full price for any game, so I may muster all my self-control and wait for a sale, but I'm really looking forward to the release of the full game in the US.

I am with you tek, I have started buying sale or discounted priced games, BUT I had to pre-order this one. :)

Working as a manager for Target, now has some nice perks. I can get all the good sales, like cheap discounts and buy one get one half off (which we have at least once a quarter) plus my employee discount.

Last edited:
I have been debating if I want to trade in one of my other games in order to get that. I have a limited time and money budget, so gotta figure out if Bravely Default will have more marginal satisfaction than another game. haha.

I have been debating if I want to trade in one of my other games in order to get that. I have a limited time and money budget, so gotta figure out if Bravely Default will have more marginal satisfaction than another game. haha.
Play the demo! That should assist you in the decision-making process.

I still don't plan on pre-ordering the game (I just can't bring myself to do it, being the frugal gamer I am), but I have told my wife that BD would be an excellent choice for a birthday gift for me. Trouble is, my birthday is in May. :p

Three days till release of this little gem!! My problem is I am rpg heavy on my backlog, fire emblem, SMT 4, etrian odyssey 4 and Untold, Mario and luigi dream team, pokemon x...I think the only game I have for my 3ds that isn't rpg is Luigi's mansion. :p

Three days till release of this little gem!! My problem is I am rpg heavy on my backlog, fire emblem, SMT 4, etrian odyssey 4 and Untold, Mario and luigi dream team, pokemon x...I think the only game I have for my 3ds that isn't rpg is Luigi's mansion. :p
The 3DS is definitely a great system for RPG fans. :)

I resolved to not buy any more games until I finish the main story in Pokemon X and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (which I'm not starting until I beat A Link to the Past), though I might crack if Bravely Default or Shin Megami Tensei IV dropped to $30 on a sale. I don't think BD will go on sale any time soon, so I'm safe there. SMTIV (retail) has gone on sale for $30 before, but probably won't again for a while.

I also want to play through some PC games (including Broken Age, Guacamelee, and Dust: An Elysian Tail) before buying anything else.

Discipline! It's hard!

The 3DS is definitely a great system for RPG fans. :)

I resolved to not buy any more games until I finish the main story in Pokemon X and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (which I'm not starting until I beat A Link to the Past), though I might crack if Bravely Default or Shin Megami Tensei IV dropped to $30 on a sale. I don't think BD will go on sale any time soon, so I'm safe there. SMTIV (retail) has gone on sale for $30 before, but probably won't again for a while.

I also want to play through some PC games (including Broken Age, Guacamelee, and Dust: An Elysian Tail) before buying anything else.

Discipline! It's hard!

(Bows head in shame)...the great Tek has spoken...Discipline...Oh the lack of it when it comes to games.

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest that I had that kind of discipline myself. Just last night, I compiled a list of unused Steam keys from Humble Bundle and Indie Royale bundle purchases and it was an embarrassingly long list.

But seeing the list just reinforced my own resolve to stick to a small number of games and finish them before moving on (while still making time for and even giving priority to multiplayer games like Team Fortress 2). I even went so far as to build a "play queue" to remind me what I plan to play next so I'm less tempted to indulge in the latest Steam sale or indie bundle.

Last edited:
Well, another game to add to my play list. :p I think this one will get most of my playtime though. :D

Gotta admit, I'm tempted to drop by a brick & mortar store on the way home and buy this.

But then I think of how much I spend on the average game on Steam and that $40 price tag holds me back.

But I'll be watching my Amazon wish list for a price drop! :D

Okay, I am not afar in BUT this game is so GREAT! Never played the demo long enough even to use the brave/default ability. Great musical score to the gaming experience too.

Pokemon X and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds are my last remaining safeguards against paying full price for Bravely Default. Once I finish the main story in Pokemon and (start and) finish ALBW, I may be out of time. Here's hoping for a sale before then. (Same goes for Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem: Awakening.)

Pokemon X and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds are my last remaining safeguards against paying full price for Bravely Default. Once I finish the main story in Pokemon and (start and) finish ALBW, I may be out of time. Here's hoping for a sale before then. (Same goes for Shin Megami Tensei IV and Fire Emblem: Awakening.)

Yeah, I have already spent too much on 3DS (and DS) games; however, I lucked out and my brother bought it for me for my birthday. As for Fire Emblem: Awakening, I keep watching this for more to come in stock.

I picked up SMT IV on the eshop sale, and also have Fire Emblem sitting there staring at me waiting till I finish Bravely default...by the way BRAVELY DEFAULT IS GREAT!!!!!

Or in the words of my newest favorite movie...:D

[video=youtube;vx5n21zHPm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx5n21zHPm8[/video]

Last edited:
I was checking out that bravely default game for 3ds and was wondering if it was any good. Thanks for sharing, Logos!

I'm very much looking forward to picking up Bravely Default, but only after I finish the main story in Pokemon, start and finish Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and (maybe) finish Guacamelee.

EDIT: Oh, I'll probably hold out for a sale, too.

Or my birthday rolls around and my wife remembers that I ask for BD as a birthday gift. :D

The keystone dragons in chapter 4 are brutal. I cannot get past one of them, and there are six all together. I don't want to use the ninja spam strategy too meh, not enough variety in battle. I have my spiritmaster but aside from that with so many jobs and abilities I can't find any that work well. Anyone have any thoughts on these dragons?

I'm level 60ish and just starting that side quest, Spiritmaster Master's elemental immunity skills would be a great boon but you want something more.
You might try Magic Armor from Spell Fencer, Time Mage's Reraise, Hedge Risk from Merchant, ect.

Also add me to your buddy list, Abilink is full of win.

Back