Bush's higher calling

Congratulations - your faith just became a political chip in the great Washington poker game.

Eon

okay dubya is very open abot his faith...how do you think things would have been handled if Gore were president?

Yeah, he's very open about it - and now his campaign manager has been very open about planning on pulling strings with it.

Next election, will YOU see Bush as the "Christian Candidate" how will THAT affect your voting? Will religious posturing by public leaders become something that is no longer confined to the Middle East? Will the next election in the US be fought over who is the "most Christian"?

Eon

the next election shall most interesting indeed..I like the morality ropes tightened a bit but I also am curious to see how he handles this war.  I don't want him to do it to save face, or to abolish Islam.  I'm not sure how much this war on terrorism has accomplished but I'm sure the other countries know we mean business.Otherwise I think he's done a fine job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ Mar. 04 2003,2:45)]Holy crud, he's Christian. And now what? The next President will be the Antichrist. Just you wait.
Not sure about that, but I predict a large amount of oil wil be found in Israel some time in the near future...

Oh boy... THAT'D put the cat amongst the pigeons wouldn't it?
smile.gif

Well, imagine a coop full of pigeons. Imagine dumping a cat in the middle of it.

It means pretty much what it sounds like - chaos, madness and lots of rushing around to little purpose.

Eon

ok.... if hes a Christian, then why is he such a war monger? hes a total wanker. sorry, but itz tru. he dun give a #### what everyone else thinks, hes gonna do whatever he wants, no matter what people think. oh well, Howards no better, hes just a "sheep", going along with whatever. oh well, #### them both. (im from aus btw)

I just don't understand why anyone would think Saddam should stay in office, a man who has gassed people in his own country, and then say Bush is "evil".

IMO, Saddam has to go, weapons on mass destruction or not. Of course, we would not have this problem if we finished it back in the first war.

The problem Nspire is that there are actually quite a few oppressive regimes such as Iraq around the world. If the fact that Saddam is a brutal tyrant is all it takes to invade, why are we going after him and not even talking about dictators in Africa, or southeast Asia, or North Korea, or China, or... Do we really want to start changing the governments of any country we deem to be "evil"?

Umm.....Messenjah. If Bush doesn't care about anyone else at all....why are we going to war? This whole thing opened up thanks to the fools of Al-Quaeda taking out Twin Towers...then we find out "Hey, this dude's got weapons! He said he didn't! WTF?" And now we're satisfied with the fact that he has X-amount out of said weapons.....WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE AN APPROXIMATE OF ZERO!!
I say, "Screw regulations. Take him out." Don't be French. Don't be CHinese. Be an American and waste him. Send in some soldiers of fortune, highly trained, derr, and take that dude out! Ten more days can accomplish anything.....even the Antichrist's come to power (Doomsday Josh, the Optimist). We gave this dude what twelve years. He did crap with it and in fact mooned us while he made more weapons and we went on with crappy life in America, with getting Clinton in office and having all our political upset over Lewinski and SNL making fun of Clinton again and again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MeanMrMustard @ Mar. 09 2003,7:00)]The problem Nspire is that there are actually quite a few oppressive regimes such as Iraq around the world. If the fact that Saddam is a brutal tyrant is all it takes to invade, why are we going after him and not even talking about dictators in Africa, or southeast Asia, or North Korea, or China, or... Do we really want to start changing the governments of any country we deem to be "evil"?
Well, if you have a chance to take one out, why not go for it?

The chance? We've always had the chance to, we have the chance to change the governments of just about every nation on the planet if we wanted to. Whether we SHOULD or not is an entirely different matter.

/agree Mustard

Do you guys not think that it is just a tad bit hypocritical to say Tyrant X we shall kill (Saddam); Tyrant Y (Jiang Zemin – President of China) we shall not. In fact, why don’t we offer Tyrant Y the status of Most Favored Nation, yeah that’ll teach ‘em.

Vass

Do you ever give change to homeless people? Yes? Well, why don't you end poverty instead? It's pretty hypocritical to do something you can actually achieve instead of failing to accomplish an impossible goal that would destroy you, isn't it?

BTW - in case there's any confusion, that last bit was delivered in a dry British accent, denoting sarcasm.

Eon

/sarcasm on

Yeah, and aren't we lucky ones that the bum we chose to take out is sitting on millions of dollars in oil.  YEY us, must be just our luck!  

/sarcasm off

Sure, let's not wage wars we can't win.  But, do we have to SUPPORT that regime instead???  There are better ways to show that you don't agree with the particular regime, other than offering them very favorable trade contracts, wouldn't you say?  

Or do you think that when we watch a regime run over its citizens with tanks, we should say - That is not right, but here's a contract that will allow you to export your goods to our country at a discounted tariff and no quotas.  YEAH!, that'll teach them that we as a country do not agree with those kind of acts.  Better not do it again, or we'll give you another discount! Oh wait, we may not be able to do that since you already have the most favored nation status.

Vass

<shrugs> Anyone who thinks this war is going to prove ultimately cost effective is probably wrong. Never mind the fact that the place ISN'T going to be run as a US colony, you've got the issue that the rest of the world is going to make #### sure that the oil you speak of is held in trust for the Iraqi people.

Still, at least the US Infantry will get better at Urban combat - that's something worth the cost, given how much of it the Coalition will likely be seeing before the end.

Eon

Back