Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare "ideas"

JimL2112

(1) I had an idea last march which I posted about CoD4 maps, specifically the idea to modify the maps of the maps to include popular names of places on each map... for example: on "Overgrown" label "Grandma's House". This is because not everyone who plays Call of Duty 4 will know every popular name of map locations.

If there is any interest in this idea, please Post here.

(2) I have been working on a Call of Duty Rank Unlocks informational webpage, but unfortunately somewhere along the way I messed up my records. This is the semi-working file-set, and this is the data file (Microsoft Excel file). If anyone can post here information about rank Unlocks, or edit my erroneous data file, please do.

Last edited:
I play CoD4 on Xbox360, I don't think you can alter those maps in such a manner. But the idea in general is good, especially if you are working with a premade team.

When in doubt delete the junk and export it as a CSV so you can work on the raw data. excel formats are junk because it inserts formatting information (which is worthless).

Here is a CSV with only the column headers and the information.

GODS__PEON said:
I play CoD4 on Xbox360, I don't think you can alter those maps in such a manner.
Well, not to be arguementative, but I think you don't get the idea.
I said "maps of the maps". Check this out here... (click image to enlarge)

A full set like this that anyone can download might help with teamwork,
or at least this is my idea. More comments please, now that the idea is illuminated?

vibrokatana said:
excel formats are junk because it inserts formatting information
(which is worthless).
VK, if you looked at the Excel sheet for more than 2 seconds, perhaps you noticed
the little red triangles (called "Comments" which ARE formatting but not worthless).
The information IN the Comments is what I am asking to be verified. Your .csv file
totally wiped it all off the sheet. Sorry, but the .csv file doesn't help me. :(

Last edited:
Back