Calling all ordained pastors and certified counselors

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
If you have a degree or certification in Biblical counseling, a Masters of Divinity, a Doctorate of Ministry, a different but related degree, or if you are an ordained minister (of Christianity, of course), please post a reply in this thread.

If you feel uncomfortable posting your qualifications or names of schools you attended, please send me a PM instead.

Why the call for "certified" ministers? I'd like to establish a volunteer force of mentors and moderators that have proof of a strong Biblical foundation. While a piece of paper certainly does not guarantee one's character will resemble Christ's, it's often the most solid guarantee one can present to an online community.

This isn't to say that certification or a degree from a seminary or ordination is required to serve as a moderator or a CGA staff member. I have none of those things listed above and I serve as President of the CGA. I certainly don't want to set up a stumbling block of pride for anyone who does possess these qualifications. My heart and vision is to help younger members of the community grow and develop as strong and mature Christians--something I honestly don't feel qualified to do by myself.

So if you do have a certification, a degree, or an ordination and are willing to volunteer a few hours a week--or even a month--to help moderate the CGA forums and maybe even mentor some of our younger members, then please send me a PM or post a reply here and I'll set up a time to talk with you.

Note that anyone claiming to have a certification, degree, or ordination will need to supply proof of those credentials. These credentials would not be on public display, but I do plan to keep personal copies on file. I am, by my nature, a skeptical person. When it comes to protecting a community I serve as President, I am doubly so. And requiring proof of the credentials is more about accountability (showing the community that I required those claiming such credentials to prove themselves) than trust.

EDIT: Big thanks to Icthus for helping me with the terminology for this post. :D

UPDATE: I forgot to mention this in my original post, but when I was listing degrees before, I meant degrees only from accredited schools.

That's a pretty neat idea. There are very few things I want more than to be a mature Christian and have an amazing relationship with Jesus. How were you planning on going about mentoring young punks like me?

Do we get cookies?

A better idea would be to encourage ministers (preferably youth pastors, etc) to join the forums and participate.

Actually we have sort have had a small mentoring program for a long time, just not enough interest and just some of us lay people trying to help and support each other.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

One idea behind my call for counselors, pastors, and ministers is that they will likely be more patient, wise, and compassionate than I am. I have a hard time responding in love when people are disrespectful and prideful; I believe others would handle the situations in a more Christ-like manner than I would.

In short, I think pastors and counselors would make better moderators than I do (if only because of their wealth of patience). :)

Assitant Pastor here

I would be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I have a BA in Biblical studies/minor in Philosophy from Southeastern in Wake Forest, NC. Also I have a partial Masters degree that I am working on as time and money allows. At the moment my wife and I are involved in a church plant (well we have been there almost two years now and have 50 or so people) and I am assitant pastor/youth pastor/monthly newsletter writer/etc. Like I said at the beginning I would be happy to help in any way just let me know how I may assist in the mentoring process whether it be one on one or a group anything is fine with me.

In Christ,
Andy

Like I said at the beginning I would be happy to help in any way just let me know how I may assist in the mentoring process whether it be one on one or a group anything is fine with me.
Fantastic! I'll send you a PM with the next steps. :)

EDIT: PM sent.

I have a minor in philosophy, I don't know if that counts.
Philosophy wasn't quite what I had in mind for the mentor/moderator position, but, given your track record, I'm sure I could find a place on the CGA staff for you. :)

Last edited:
I think Cheryl (CCGR) might also be an ordained pastor, but I'm sure she's busy with her two kids (and one in the oven) and other stuff. =/

Tek already knows about me and what I can afford time-wise to do for CGA, but I do have a degree in youth ministry from Grace Fellowship Church in Tulsa, OK (School of the Local Church)and am willing to help when\if I am able to.

Back