Cartographer Title and Texmod

I also found that getting that last little bit of an explorable area - more than once - was achieved from within a town or outpost. And that 'scraping' means really hard core scraping - bouncing back and forth and climbing edges. But I would never have discovered this without Texmod.

It hasn't been too tedious so far. I am trying to knock out some of the quests I haven't done as I go. I am thinking about carrying a capture signet with me and picking up elites I haven't gotten yet, as well.

It looks like I am going to have to learn how to do that challenge mission in the tombs area to actually reach 100% for the cartography title.

That is encouraging. Once I finish my vanquishing I plan to do the cartography. I will be at about 94-96% in all three areas. I'm hoping an aid will put me at 100% relatively quickly.

Doom Box is great.

Really late reply, but...

Why wait until you are finished vanquishing? Considering you are touching every explorable area...it's much much easier to map while you vanquish than it is to come back and scrape later. :) 96% map can mean you're only halfway there if that 4% is spread across every map in the land, lol.

Why wait until you are finished vanquishing? Considering you are touching every explorable area...it's much much easier to map while you vanquish than it is to come back and scrape later. :) 96% map can mean you're only halfway there if that 4% is spread across every map in the land, lol.

When I wrote that, I was just two explorable areas away from completing my vanquishing. I did all the scraping I could while vanquishing but I still found myself at 94% to 95%. That is when I discovered Texmod and found all those corners and edges that I had not scraped. Often - even seeing it right in front of me - it was difficult finding the exact position to get that little area to pop out.

Frankly, I don't know how anyone managed to successfully gain a cartographer title without an aid like Texmod. I know they did - but it would be beyond me.

That makes sense. I thought it was a stupid question, but figured I might as ask. As far as getting carto without texmod...I imagine it was extremely tedious. People would upload and compare maps pixel for pixel and compare. With texmod...I felt it was strangely fun...like that feeling you get when cutting the grass or vacuuming the rug. I dunno.

Not sure why, but Textmod is the one thing I have never got working in GuildWars. Does anyone know a good advice page?

Not sure why, but Textmod is the one thing I have never got working in GuildWars. Does anyone know a good advice page?
/bump for newly approved post

Sorry I missed this one.

Most of the best sites are referenced in this forum thread.

The Guild Wars Wiki site is here.

A couple of good videos are here (1) and here (2).

Follow these and you should be fine. If you have specific questions - post them. People will respond.

Back