Cataclysm Beta

Will apply for the Cataclysm Beta?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wowAbdi

SO the rumor from MMO-Hunter is that it will begin in April most likely. How many people plan on trying to get in? I know Im going to apply :)

I don't like playing a game in Beta that I already know I like. I'm signed up for FFXIV beta because I want to know if I'll like it beforehand. I'm already sold on WoW though and it's not like there would be any point in playing it without the latest expansion. IMO, doing beta on an upcoming expansion just ruins all the fun and surprises.

Also, Azami wins.

Played Lich King beta... loved how OP they made pallies during the beta.

I actually played in the Burning Crusade beta, and I have to say that it truly ruined it for me. I powered through the areas, read all the quest texts, figured out all the dungeons, got all kinda of awesome gear.

Then it launched and my main character was poorly geared again (by comparison), still sitting at L60, re-doing all the quests that I had done before (but having to read each of them carefully to see if text errors were fixed, checking stats on gear, etc), having to fight for spawn, deal with horrid server lag.

To be completely honest, it ruined the launch of BC for me, even tho it was a very cool expansion. It also made me hate all the time I had wasted raiding because I saw how quickly I was going to replace everything. So when WOTLK came close to beta, I actually quit playing WoW because there "was no point" to anything that I could possibly do between beta and launch. Fortunately, I took enough of a break that I'm still working on leveling and gearing all my alts, so at least I have something to do while everyone is in Cat-beta, and I'll still feel like I accomplished something because I'll be able to take my toons and level them up with everyone else again.

I've never done a wow beta. I beta tested all the EQ expansions from Planes of Power up until Gates of Discord. I also loved the EQ2 beta, but didn't enjoy the first expansion. Im hoping I can get into this beta.

Back