Cataclysm Lvl 80+ Leveling - Where?

Apollux

So where is everyone planning to start their level 80+ leveling? Looks like Mount Hyjal in Northern Kalimdor is one spot and Vashj'ir (underwater) off Western Eastern Kingdoms is the other area.

You are correct: Mount Hyjal and Vashj'ir are the level 80-82 zones.

I haven't yet decided which zone I'm going to level through, though (I plan on playing both of the eventually). I'm going to be one of those crazies power leveling in the first day to try and get realm first level 85 rogue since I have work off Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm tempted to level in Vashj'ir because it seems like there might be less people to get in the way if there are any gathering/kill x number of monsters quests. But then again, it also seems like Hyjal might simply go faster since you'll be able to move around more quickly (you do get an underwater mount from Vashj'ir, but not until several quests in and I still think a normal zone will go faster than an underwater zone). But we'll see. Guess I need to decide soon!

Gonna be at Esua's LAN tomorrow night. I'm planning on getting 4 other people together and questing non-stop. Should be a blast.

[7F]LarryBoy;406314 said:
Gonna be at Esua's LAN tomorrow night. I'm planning on getting 4 other people together and questing non-stop. Should be a blast.

Can i get a dps spot? ;)

I'll probably head straight to black-rock caverns after picking up a quest for there from MH.
As for which zone I hit first, I've done them already so I'll approach it from a gear/rep/faction standpoint.

i thought u had to work joe

You bet I have to work...I'll have an evening nap, set my alarm for 11:45 pm and awake for some festivities! I hope to play until maybe 3:30 or 4ish a.m. Then awake at 6 to head off on my 3.5 hour journey to work.

So where will most people be logging? In the Argent Tournament grounds to hand in all the dailies for xp?

[7F]EhUd;406414 said:
So where will most people be logging? In the Argent Tournament grounds to hand in all the dailies for xp?
I have about 12 quests at the ready to hand in including Argent Tourney, Dalaran and SW Fishing/Cooking quests as well. The SW one today awards +2 skillups for Cooking. Definitely waiting to turn that one in tomorrow.

I will most likely then move to Vashj'ir to begin my leveling journey:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1658-Vashj-ir

I have no idea where Hyjal is and that underwater zone looks fantastic! This is all just too exciting so I really don't know how I will sleep before playing at midnight :)

Portal that gets you started in MH is in SW (or was in the beta) along with the boat to the water zone (be patient if you chose the WZ as it can take some time for the boat to arrive. There is some story/voice acting that takes place first. Just wait at the end of the Dock for a bit.

SW is the portal hub for the new zones and portals open based on quest lines that send you into them (I think..)

Back