Central Transfer Chamber - the NEW off-topic thread

I can understand little bits and pieces of the german actually...mainly from my mom and brother arguing in broken, senseless german for fun...tranlated roughly to: The cat hates you, give me your pencil.

My mom didn't really do all that much talking in German but can understand it, though my Omi on the other hand is more or less in and out of talking in German.

Is it bad if I chose the lamp for the guest room/craft room in part because the five bendy lights made me think of a hydra?

Nothing wrong except, I would think it a shame if someone tripped over it and broke one of the lights off, and two more lights didn't emerge to replace it...

-Chadley

PS- While we're off-topic, has anyone heard of/seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? It was mentioned at Penny Arcade on Friday--first I'd ever heard of it, but it is AWESOME! Not sure exactly how behind-the-times I am

Last edited:
If I remember right, you named it Tiamat
Well, in D&D, Tiamat is the primary evil dragon diety. She is "Tiamat the Many-Headed, Creator of Evil Dragonkind." She has five heads–red, green, blue, white, and black–representing the five races of chromatic dragons.

So a hydra-like lamp with red, green, blue, white, and yellow shades was just too close. :D

Last edited:
PS- While we're off-topic, has anyone heard of/seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? It was mentioned at Penny Arcade on Friday--first I'd ever heard of it, but it is AWESOME! Not sure exactly how behind-the-times I am

Um, there IS no off topic on the off topic thread. Just, you know, fyi >.>

Back