CGA-CON 2

What weekend works best for you for CGA-CON 2009?

• July 17-19th, 2009

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • July 24-26th, 2009

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • July 31-Aug 2, 2009

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • none of the above

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

ajmucha

Alright Now! After concluding research, I've come up with our figures.

As the previous thread said, it's planned to be at Sandusky, OH, at Cedar Point...I'm hoping all who voted knew that already...my bad.
3 Days: $80 roughly
Hotels: Vary on what hotel, on-coast is more expensive but you dont have to drive anywhere
Soak City (waterpark): Currently not planned on including
Food: $26/person/day=$78/person

So..without the hotel, which i'd assume people grouping and sharing rate:
$160 (rounding, w/o souvenirs)

The poll is to inquire as to what's the best weekend, I count on friday-sunday, we can have a church service possibly if a hotel will allow us, or just outside I suppose. If you vote "none of the above" please state what would work best for you and why.

If a mod deems this important enough, sticky it, if not, we'll try to keep it bumped.

Also, to get a general idea of who's coming, please also post a reply noting which weekend, and how many (because i know some people may want to bring their significant other) that would help as well.

Last edited:
Plan tickets to US $2000
Accommodation for 2 weeks $1000
Sightseeing around the US $800
Seeing everyone from CGA in person priceless.

No promises but I would love to come!

Maybe we could get a cart and a laptop with a webcam. Ppar could get his own webcam and everyone at Cedar Point could push him around with them! And when they go on a roller coaster all they have to do is shake the Laptop and flip it over a few times!! AND ITS FREE!!! =D

Maybe we could get a cart and a laptop with a webcam. Ppar could get his own webcam and everyone at Cedar Point could push him around with them! And when they go on a roller coaster all they have to do is shake the Laptop and flip it over a few times!! AND ITS FREE!!! =D

lol sounds good but its not quite free. I gotta buy a webcam and pay for servants to shake the laptop for me!

Trust me, you don't need to shake it or anything, i guarantee the coaster will give PLENTY of visual effects. Especially the Mean Streak...sit in the back only if you took 4 Tylenol beforehand. YOu'll need it for the pounding headache

That was not part of the outline...

I want my monkey slaves!

In all seriousness I am considering coming, however, we have (TODAY) started the adoption process for our first child, which in Australia costs
$10 000. So my wife might not let me :( . In any case I have thought about tying to go to this when the idea came across a few weeks ago. There is a possibility I might be over at that time for a conference in any case so we will see.

lol sounds good but its not quite free. I gotta buy a webcam and pay for servants to shake the laptop for me!

lol, i didn't say it was a perfect plan ;)

and Aj is a good minion. He will do ya fine.

That's mighty close to me. Might there be any activities for those of us with toddlers? (well, he'll be 2 that time next year anyway)

Six Flags is closer to me :p
I just told my mom that my friends and I want to go on a trip this summer, but she said she might not be able to pay for that...
That means that this trip, which I haven't suggested to her yet, is probably out of the question.
College is going to drain our pockets >.>

Thanks for rezzing this thread, actually.

I consulted with Derk, and need to ask everyone who is interested...due to financial situations in this country, would your rather this be delayed till a later year or not? If not, how many people would be coming with you is vital, due to the fact that it only gets cheaper per person the more we have.

They already got somethign like that goin' on there, just talk to MM about it, it's called Dragon-Con XD

Back