CGA Convention..

rizz

Beware... lock up your daughters....lol.

Im thinking i need to fly over on the wednesday or the thursday morning at the latest. If i fly at say 9am thursday i will get there about 5pm thursday. I will start looking into flights etc..

Im thinking i can fly back anytime after sunday night but monday would be better.

What i need is..

1. Someone to pick me up from the airport.
2. A place to crash when not in a hotel for the CGA conf.
3. Someone to take me back to the airport.

Anyone who can help please post here. Cheers..

Depends on if you want to fly straight into Tulsa or fly into one of the other ToJ "hotspots" and drive down with a vehicle full of rowdy ToJ guys.

If you wanted to fly straight into Tulsa, you'd be heading to the Tulsa International Airport--though I doubt you can fly straight from England to Tulsa. More than likely, you'd have to go to OKC first. Iiit might be a bit tricky to work out.

Let us know if/when you decide to fly straight into Tulsa and we'll start working out the details.

In that case, Elihu can host you for a few days (I asked him about this earlier today in an ICQ chat, so don't think I'm volunteering his apartment without asking first).

I'll be working Wednesday through Friday 6AM to 3PM, but if you get in Wednesday night, you can join us at church. Thursday night, I'll probably want to call it an early night so I can make up for the sleep I'm going to miss during the convention. *g*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I'll probably want to call it an early night so I can make up for the sleep I'm going to miss during the convention. *g*

I do pray I never feel that old....
tounge.gif
Everyone who's coming (I am hoping I get to) needs to stock up on some bAwLs

I'll sleep more when I'm dead.
biggrin.gif

Cory

well i think i will land thursday sometime.. it would be nice to meet up with ya tek before the convention starts.. (so many things can be sorted in a quick chat that a million emails wouldnt solve..lol)

you have a list of airports that are near you. i think the tulsa one may not be available direct from the uk.

Rizz, here are some examples from travelocity.com going from London to Tulsa.  There is atleast 1 stop on each at a major airport in the US.  I didn't know where exactly you live in England so I just used London for a reference.  It doesnt look like there is a straight flight into Tulsa D/FW is about 4 hours from Tulsa. Oklahoma City is about 1.5 hous from Tulsa. Those are probably your closest direct flights. (although I'm not sure about OK City)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]12:00noon
London Gatwick, UK
(LGW) 6:59pm
Tulsa, OK
(TUL)
Flight 5 / 342
1 Stop
Change planes in Houston Bush, TX (IAH)
Travel Time: 12hrs 59min  

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]10:30am
London Gatwick, UK
(LGW) 6:00pm
Tulsa, OK
(TUL)
Flight 19 / 3291
1 Stop
Change planes in Newark, NJ (EWR)
Travel Time: 13hrs 30min  

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]10:25am
London Gatwick, UK
(LGW) 5:05pm
Tulsa, OK
(TUL)
Flight 51 / 1020
1 Stop
Change planes in Dallas/Ft Worth, TX (DFW)
Travel Time: 12hrs 40min

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]12:30pm
London Heathrow, UK
(LHR) 6:11pm
Tulsa, OK
(TUL)
Flight 67 / 1231
1 Stop
Change planes in Chicago-Ohare, IL (ORD)
Travel Time: 11hrs 41min

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1:05pm
London Heathrow, UK
(LHR) 8:56pm
Tulsa, OK
(TUL)
Flight 297 / 5119 operated by American Airlines
1 Stop
Change planes in Chicago-Ohare, IL (ORD)
Travel Time: 13hrs 51min

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1:50pm
London Gatwick, UK
(LGW) 8:20pm
Tulsa, OK
(TUL)
Flight 31 / 5843 operated by Northwest Airlink
1 Stop
Change planes in Detroit, MI (DTW)
Travel Time: 12hrs 30min

Cory

thanx for the info. luckily my mum is a travel agent and we came with similar results. i think i will have to change planes once in dallas to get to tulsa. we have a provisional schedule somewhere i will post it once i find it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thaddius @ Jan. 23 2004,6:27)]Everyone who's coming (I am hoping I get to) needs to stock up on some bAwLs
The wife of one of the guys at my church works at compusa so he said he could probably get me bawls at a discount
biggrin.gif

i have a provisional plan.. nothings booked yet but heres a rough idea..

Gatwick - Dallas 10:25-14:20 (27th may)
Dallas - Tulsa 15:57-17:05

So arrive in tulsa about 5pm thursday. Plenty of time to get over the jetlag..lol

Leaving (31st may monday)
Leaving around 4:30pm so at airport for around 1-2pm

Tulsa - Dallas 16:36-17:45
Dallas - Gatwick 19:10-10:05 (yes that is correct)
Be violently sick, sleep for two days

sweet.

Dude, rizz, do not schedule another flight to Tulsa once you get to Texas. I'll pick you up at D/FW.

Back