Character Names

Since I haven't really decided on a race for my (eventual) ranger, I'm thinking about Charr.

Potential name: Prints Charrming

Yes! Kinda what I was thinking, wasn't sure if the Paw was good enough just implied, or needed to be included.

Finally bought my name change contract for my Mesmer. I'd called her a variation on Raven, which lead to some confusion last time I played her with the guild. :D

Found a great name for her a while back, but have been waiting first for name change contracts to appear, and second to be able to afford one. She's Sylvari, so I wanted to follow the whole Irish/Celtic vibe they use for them, as well as something Mesmery.

Her name is now Bréaga Álainn, which, at least according to Google translate, means "Beautiful Lies".

So far the ALT characters seem to be working out for me.

ALT0193 is Á and ALT130 is é.

Even though I have planned the name for a long time, it didn't occur to me as I was using the name change contract that "lies" can mean other things. Thankfully, it did occur to me before I clicked accept, and I ran "she lies down" through the translator to make sure it didn't come out with a similar word. As far as I can tell, Bréaga does, in fact, mean "fibs" as opposed to "reclines". :D

Last edited:
Back