Cheap headset

hescominsoon said:
A good one that's cheap is th plantronics audio 90. It is a baout 20 bucks and sounds good. I have a set here and they work great.

I second that, I bought a set a couple years back and they are great..Only problem is that I kept the long loose and I kept tripping over it..leading to the destruction of my cord. :)

If you have SOCOM for PS2, the headset that comes with it works awesome as a USB headset. It's what I used with Teamspeak until I stepped on it recently. Now I use this one and it rocks.

OK, let me tell you my experiences with headsets. My first one was that logitech one that comes with UT2004, and it still works, it's just very uncomfortable (the little foam paddings came off). Anyway, that one sounds terrible, the sound crackles when you do a shock combo in UT, and pretty much any other time there's alot of bass involved. So, next I bought these and they were pretty comfortable, sounded decent (not great, but better than the others), and they had this goofy vibration feature. Well, they were fine until they completely fell apart on me! The plastic is so cheap that after about a month of putting them on and taking them off (and they made all this creaking noise when you put them on) they just fell apart! So don't get those. Right now, I'm headsetless because I gave my logitech ones away to my friend who didn't even have a decent microphone. Well, I did some research and discovered that these are probably going to get the best bang for the buck, the problem is obviously that they don't have a mic! That's ok though, because I found these and everyone seems to say that it sounds great even when you're fairly far away from it. Anyway, I don't have those items yet, so I can't give my review on them, but they seem like a good choice because if you want to later on you can upgrade your headphones without having to worry wether or not they'll have a microphone. Happy shopping at any rate. Oh yeah, and those platronics audio .90s seem like a good choice, I've used a pair and they sound fine, and seem pretty sturdy. The only thing I didn't like about them is that they're not full sized which means they don't block out sound as well, and they're probably not as comfortable as other headphones.

Plantronics .audio 90's pretty good quality for it's low price, but becareful, it's not that durable. Treat it with care.

Since its budget, i wouldn't recommend this but if you have the cash, Sennheiser PC150's are great.

hescommingsoon said:
A good one that's cheap is th plantronics audio 90. It is a baout 20 bucks and sounds good. I have a set here and they work great.
sounds like those are a winner. Ive been looking around and all i can find are those for like $30-35 online. They are not at my local stores, so I'll probably make a fry's run one of these days...

kraniac said:
Now I use this one and it rocks.
I like logitek stuff too, its pretty quality. If I don't find the plantronics, I'll probly pick up logitek something.

killerah said:
So, next I bought these and they were pretty comfortable, sounded decent (not great, but better than the others), and they had this goofy vibration feature. Well, they were fine until they completely fell apart on me!
aww, those look so cool. I would totally pick those up if you didn't have them fall apart on you :(

I have some extremely nice phillips noise cancelling headphones I bought a wile back. But if I got a stationary mic, wouldn't I have to keep my head still, or tape the mic to my shirt or something? Ive pulled off quite a bit with duct tape, maybe duct tape shirt holder for stationary mic will be my next endeavor :cool:

Sennheiser PC150's are great.
They are a little above budget, but if I get something that lasts it might be worth it. I'll have to scope out all my options at Frys.

I was at frys yesterday and they had the plantronics audio 90! I was surprised because it wasn't on thier website. I picked it up and was ready to get it, then I remembered Gunz was ruined by hackers, and I don't game anything else that much. So I'm gonna wait on it, until I get more into a game. Thanx for the suggestions all.

Back