Christian Rock Music suggestions

MeridianFlight

I'm a HUGE fan of Christian rock. It's quite sad really, I think I'm obsessed. I love music, and have become disenfranchised with the music played on secular radio. I believe The O.C. Supertones captured the state of secular radio in "Radio Plays". Yes, I'm aware of the fact that much of the music in the Christian music scene is perceived as a "carbon copy" of the secular music world, and Christian rock bands are in abundance. Good for those who dig it, I suppose.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any band suggestions. I dig both lyrical approaches in Christian rock, from the conspicuous to the subtle.

I was looking for suggestions on bands that probably haven't broken through yet. If they've received radio play on Air 1, chances are extremely probable that I've heard them.

I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Well, I don't know what hasn't played on Air1 or who hasn't "broken through" yet, but here's who I listen to (just for kicks):

• Anberlin
  • Audio A
  • Creed
  • Falling Up (!)
  • Hawk Nelson
  • Kutless
  • Lifehouse
  • Pillar
  • Relient K
  • Sanctus Real
  • Switchfoot
  • Thousand Foot Krutch
  • tobyMac (does that count?)
Done. =D

Bands that I think are awesome...

-Dizmas

-Spoken

-Sub Seven

-Blindside

-P.O.D

-Skillet

-Pax217

Some of them are harder then others but none of them are hard like underoath and such...

I never listened to rock much but here are some Christian rock bands I've picked up from my more rock-inclined friends:

Mourning September (I know the bassist)
Zao
Extol
3rd Root

and pretty much anything else on Solid State.

Heh, I knew I should have listed the bands I already listen to.

I have CDs for Anberlin, Audio Adrenaline, Falling Up, Kutless, PAX 217, Pillar, Relient K, Sanctus Real, Switchfoot, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Toby Mac.

Skillet is undeniably the greatest band ever.

I've heard the Dizmas and Subseven, and I thought they were pretty cool. I really like Mourning September, but I've yet to find their CD in a Christian Music Store.

I used to listen to Creed, but not only have they disbanded, they're not really Christian (though former front man Scott Stapp seems to have been "reborn" after watching The Passion of the Christ, or something.)

I haven't heard Stryper or Realm of Refuge.

What does everybody think of Monday Morning?

Back