Christians that Support (real) War. Why do they exist?

Do you as am American support War?

• Yes, Murrekka!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not proud of it.

• No

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Idk

• Total voters

BowwoooxD

So ever since I started playing online games, I have come into contact with more Americans... ans I was just wondering on what Basis American Christians are justifying their support of wars.

Having read the new testament about 4 times now, I dont see how a honest christian could ever justify their child or their country going to war in a country far away to kill people that did absolutely nothing to deserve it.

My first assumption was that American Christians are just very, very shallow... and manipulated.

This sums it up pretty much

Moderator's note: Video removed 7/21/16

Are we not supposed to love our enemies

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

And sometimes I ask myself... are these people even saved? Because the spirit is supposed to lead us into truth and not into warmongering.

Idk maybe I just dont get it :( maybe we can just go out and kill people, because we are saved by grace and whatever... What do you think? Am I crazy too?

Last edited by a moderator:
War is decided by god my friend. For example the poles,franks and Hungarians went to war with the islamic invaders during the medieval times to protect their land from being captured by them. In fact the reason castles were built near Europeans shores near the Mediterranean sea was to keep the islamic barbarians out. Cause at that time the muslim invaders were inefficient when it came to destroying castle walls. Spain was captured by the islamic invaders and they held the country for 400 years, but by the grace of god, the oppressed christian forces united and expelled the muslims from their land. the islamic empire kept on hitting and hitting trying their best to take over europe but they failed cause god was on our side. That being said the islamic invaders did manage to take over the christian byzantine empire (present day Turkey [most of its land]). At that time there were alot of orthodox christians who were ruled over by the Seljuk turkish islamic empire. And horrendous atrocities were committed by the muslims on the orthodox christians ( such as jizya or 'convert or die' and the stealing of young christian boys who were forcibly converted to islam and then listed in the islamic turkish army) thus the islamic turks managed to convert a large proportion of orthodox christians to islam by force. Also these atrocities and mass genocide of millions of christians was what made the crusades take place. The crusades were a series of events, which included defense and offense which were initiated by the the pope and I can proudly say that the crusades eventhough it was not 'christ like', was the very fact that saved much of christendom europe from falling to the hands of the islamic invaders. Just imagine if most of europe was enforced with sharia law, there would certainly not be any democracy today or 'freedom of speech'.

Here is one of my references( also gives more info):

There are many other wars that existed. But trust me God has a reason for these wars. Peace be with you all. :)

Note: The video has language, and is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, I'm debating removing it and possible this thread as the troll is indeed great with this one. Those who respond choose your words wisely.

In possibly the vain hope of reaching people I will however give a short response...

1. Read the old testament. War happens and is called for by God at times. The old testament is more than half the Bible you are omitting with only mentioning the new. Yes we live under a new, better, more forgiving, testament but it doesn't invalidate the old but for fill it.

2. The idea that any sane person "loves war" is absurd. No one loves hard work or sacrifice but doing the right thing more often involves them than not, war is no exception.

3. "America" or love of any country has nothing to do with whether a war is justified or not, whatsoever.

4. While it's noble to peacefully sacrifice oneself for the redemption of one's enemies violence is still called for at times. Christ himself whipped the money changers out of the temple but not with malice or without thought (though if I had to guess it was probably done to show us there IS a time for violence). Christians aren't pacifists rather we love our enemies and wish for their redemption, not death, yet many will not have it or at least not before they kill others (reminds me of trolls I've encountered who I wish would be saved but won't have it before they wreck everything, thus bans happen). Would you stand by while a murderer mows down children or stop him by force? Currently ISIS is committing genocide on Christian, Jew and anyone who rejects their Prophet, on the saved and unsaved, on adults and children. There is nothing noble about abandoning these people but it is noble to sacrifice ourselves and our sons, in war, to save them. Yes we don't have the resources to police the world but the idea that murder is ok if it's in another country is absurd. That is irrelevant with ISIS though because we are threatened by them, they will kill us, plural not just "me", if they have the chance. War is a means of saving people when nothing else will suffice, it's not desirable. Military and police exist to protect people and to do their jobs at times they need to kill people. It's part of the job without which they cannot do, it is that simple. If you still disagree and believe violence is unacceptable no matter what you must get rid of them entirely.

5. "War supporting Christians" support because it's a difficult and honorable task to risk your life for others not because they want to kill people. Even if you are in the military in a non-combat role you are still working to protect us so gratitude is not amiss. It is an honor to serve.

6. To answer the video Christ didn't call down angels to fight when he came because he didn't come for our condemnation but our salvation. Had he done this His victory would have been total and absolute meaning He would have saved no one because no one would have had the time, the grace period, to come to know Him. Prophecy is generally interpreted as things are going to get so bad, that people are going to be so consumed in sin, that Christ must come back at the end lest all be consumed. Christ will do this... and then comes judgement for everyone. You do not want to be on the wrong side when it happens.

7. I don't know the story of all the countries mentioned in the video but many are not innocent. These are violent and despotic regimes who not only oppress their people but would expand to oppress more if given the opportunity. Right Iran is our friend /rolleyes.

8. I don't object to violent video games I object to games that use violence for the wrong reasons just like life.

9. As to why we object to language the server rules explanation I wrote for TF2 should suffice.

Last edited:
Nice answer Gerbil. I was going to quote Ecclesiastes.
A Time for Everything
3 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
I still smell troll though.

Came for the troll post.

Stayed for Gerbil's dissertation.

Oh man. . .Late for the party. Looks like Gerbil already took care of everything.

I only have the following question: where are you getting your information that "American" Christians are shallow, manipulated, warmongers? Seems to me like you are painting with a very broad brush.

To answer the video Christ didn't call down heavenly attendants to battle when he came on the grounds that he didn't desire our judgment yet our salvation.

Back