Clean my computer..

FiremanThul

I have an acer laptop (took a chance, at the time it was one of the few laptops with discrete graphics) and I've had it for about a year, maybe two. When I first got it, it screamed, now it's rather clunky. For the most part, my software issues havent changed (wow, Firefox, etc.) but something is bogging it down.

I run avg and regularly run defender (can't get defender to run all the time for some reason) and neither program ever come up with anything. Defrag runs automatically every week, and I run disk cleanup about once a month. I'm running win7 home premium.

So, computer guys/gals, without doing a restore (which would take a lot of effort that I don't want to put forth) is there any way to get my computer back on track.

Do the rebuild, there is no way to get back speeds like when you first got it without a format/reinstall. I refresh my windows installs every year minimum.

No, but it's the best option. There are a bunch of things you can do to tune-up your pc but nothing will be near as effective as reloading.

I know that's true, ewok...but why does it have to be that way? This is 2012, for crying out loud!

Needless to say, I'm having the same problem.

Well, at least windows 7 does a pretty good job of keeping things organized. Four folders under "libraries" pretty much covered everything for me. I'll have to reinstall wow, patch, and addons, but it's probably good to do that somewhat regularly anyway.

Can I say I don't miss this part of a windows machine?

My mac has not lost a step. Of course it can play many games either.

Back