"Clearing up a possible misunderstanding" or "I did not buy Left 4 Dead 2"

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Some of you may have (but probably have not yet) noticed that Left 4 Dead 2 is listed among the games I own as part of my Steam account. I just wanted to explain that I received the game as a gift (for which I am very grateful, by the way) and did not purchase it myself.

While I'm upset with Valve for not delivering on promises to Left 4 Dead (which I did purchase for $45) customers, I believe that L4D2 will still be a very popular game, both among Tribe of Judah members and in the larger gaming community. The pre-order gift I received will allow me to play the game as soon as it's released instead of until after there's a really good sale (say, $20?) and after watching most ToJ members on my Steam list play L4D2 game night after game night.

So while I wouldn't have purchased the game myself (in part because I'm unemployed and my game budget is very restricted right now and in part because I'm ticked at Valve for not following through on Left 4 Dead), I am very grateful to have received it as a gift and plan on playing it with fellow ToJ members as soon as it's released.

I'll be buying it... probably during the December gaming sale like last year.

Oooooh I guess being the Pres does have some perks in spite of the workload eh Tek ^.^ .

I've been watching the vids about the game and I have only seen one new feature added that I had not already suggested for L4D one (the gas tank game mode thing). It's like they read my addition list and decided to only add half of it. The best thing they've added will probably be the changing paths to the levels which I suggested, I hope they did it right though. Also the 4 survivors seem much, much less likable than the original 4... and more foul mouthed X( . To me it's rather glaring they still need to add another type of common Ai controlled zombie. Like...

1. Mobs of harpies/gargoyles. These would give another much needed angle of attack to watch.

2. A mini tank. Like a zombie half transformed into a tank who takes a couple hits (not a lot but more than regular zombies) to down and who blends somewhat into the mobs.

3. More behaviors for common zombies. Popping out of water when you are wadding through it as opposed to running at you from a distance. Maybe faking being dead then getting up. Some that when you shoot their legs or arms off they keep crawling toward you (the limbless zombie who keeps coming is a staple). They did a lot of these behaviors in Half Life 2 so why not here?

Fights are repetitive except when a special infected shows up. There needs to be something different in the common mix, not harder mind you, but something that makes you pay attention more.

Other things they need to add are...

1. Environmental hazards you can use to kill zombies. Like shooting power lines down on them, opening water pipes to wash them away, shooting car gas tanks to explode them. Half Life 2 had it where you could ignite a gas barrier so why not in L4D, they already have the code >.< !

2. They need to let you pick your class as a zombie as long as you aren't over a class limit in number of players who can be playing it at one time.

3. Optional places to assist each other as survivors. I'd like to be able to climb up to a high spot and press a button to reach down and help pull up another player.

Add all that in addition to the stuff they have already added and the gameplay might be different enough from L4D one to justify a sequel.

Last edited:
Okay, so this might be completely off-topic, but...does Valve think that no one who prepared for the zombie apocalypse would have a length of sturdy rope? Or at least a towel?

Back