CO-GL Election Time - CANDIDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestbw

Time for the next step in our election process. We had 8 names who were nominated this time around. And at this point 4 of those nominees decided not to run. That leaves the 4 brave members who feel they can deal with my smackdowns, and Flame's lack of vertical stature, who have expressed interest, and willingness to run. Here's our candidates.

* Cryøgenic
* McFierce
* Kracerelect
* Kyle-Kristeen

Here's the process from here on out:
1) Each of the candidates should post in this thread a not-too-lengthy statement about their qualifications, about why they'd like to be co-GL, and what they'd like to accomplish as co-GL. NO ONE ELSE SHOULD POST IN THIS THREAD, JUST THE FIVE NAMES ABOVE. For the candidates, please do this by end of Thursday, 4/21/11.
2) On Friday 4/22, the election will begin, ending offically 5/1/11 - I will add voting instructions once polls are ready to open.
3) The candidate with the highest vote total will be elected co-GL for a term running until May 1st 2012.

If you have any questions, please PM Flame or myself!
Thanks,

Shagz

Last edited:
For anyone who doesn't know, I am a college student at Sebts (Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) studying Pastoral Ministries. I have a heart for missions and one day hope to plant a church in Brazil. After 3 yrs of gaming with top tier guilds, I grew tired of the constant foul language and attitudes and was about to quit WoW when I found Redeemed online. I came here and immediately loved the community and fellowship. I have wanted to get more involved in the guild, and so when I was approached about about being nominated, I was thrilled. I hope to be able to lead Redeemed into growing as a better raiding guild and to be able to represent the gospel in all aspects of what we do. The Gospel can be proclaimed just as easily on WoW as it can on a field, on the street corner, or in the pulpit. I believe God has ordained me to lead in any aspect, whether it be on WoW or in a church. I strive to do everything to the glory of God, from school work to WoW, although admittedly, it is sometimes easier to glorify God by studying my classes well so that I can be a better tank, healer, or dps than it is to read 1000 pages on church doctrine ;).

Thanks,
Epik

"why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not do what I tell you." -Luke 6:46

Greetings everybody!

Many of you know me as Kyle or Kristeen and I'd like to give a little background of myself and my time here in Redeemed. I am currently a sophomore at the University of Texas at San Antonio. My major is psychology and I am also actively involved in Air Force ROTC, I currently attend Cornerstone church and I am one of the leaders of their youth group here on campus (Campus Crusade). I have been in Redeemed for a little over two years now and have served as an officer for about a year. As an officer I had quite a few titles, I was raid administrator, communications officer, and now I am Guild Liaison. My job was always to heighten the morale of our guild and to build up and encourage anybody who needed it, while also knowing as much as I can about the guild in order to answer any questions asked by new members. I was very happy to be nominated for guild leader as I have been wanting to give the position a try for quite some time now. My goal as Co-GL is to strengthen the spiritual aspect of Redeemed, while also putting focus on our casual raiders who don't get to raid as much. Each one of these candidates I am running against are good friends of mine and they are outstanding individuals, I am very blessed to know that if any of us get elected the guild will be in good hands and will remain a good team alongside Shagz and Flame. Thank you for reading my wall of text and God bless folks!

Kyle

Hello all,

My name is Derek and I am the current Head Raid Leader for our guild. I've been a part of this guild for the better part of 3 years now. I was originally recruited to the guild (and back into the game) by a friend of a friend who told me about a Christian guild they played WoW with. Since my first toon, Angryson, I've more than enjoyed my time here. I started my officer/raid leading back in BC when we were running Kara and ZA. I actually tanked our first guild downing of the last boss in ZA! Needless to say, I've been hooked on the raiding aspect of the game ever since.

While raiding is my main focus, I've also been a part of almost every other aspect of the game that Redeemed has been involved with. From guild BGs to drama control to discussion and implementation of guild policies.

As far as my qualifications go, I've found myself involved in a few leadership-type positions over the last few years. I've been asked to be a deacon at my local Seventh-Day Adventist church. I help out with a youth-mentor group that plays basketball twice a week. I am also going through the process of becoming the current Service Excellence Representative at the Cancer Center that I work at. I've also held the titles of Class Lead (for multiple classes), Officer, Executive Officer, Raid Leader, and Head Leader within the guild.

My vision for the guild is fairly simple and would involve the following:

• Re-establish a concrete Spiritual Officer to manage the spiritual aspect of our guild; starting with getting weekly bible studies back online.
  • Maintain our progression in the raiding environment, while being able to have ALL raiders see maximum content respective to their individual skill level and desires
  • Schedule monthly guild activities that are non-raiding. Fishing contests, races, dance-offs, etc
Lastly, I would thank those who have supported me thus far, including those who have posted here for this position as well. I consider them all my friends (especially Cakey :p) and would be honored to have any of them as my Co-GL. I encourage you all to keep playing and have fun. Thank you.

Hey everyone! It's a great honor to be nominated for the Co-GL position. I'll just give a quick rundown of who I am for those who may not know. I was born in a small town in northeastern... Haha okay yea I'm not going that in depth. My current main is Aaravis but I also play Silentfoe, Truevision, Cryøgenic, and Paladinpete. I joined Redeemed back in the BC days as a noob Mage. I've been a part of Redeemed ever since serving in whatever way I can. I was a Raid Leader during Wrath and I'm currently an Officer.

I have also been involved in church leadership as a Sunday School teacher and Youth Pastor along with many other various jobs.

If elected as co-gl I have a few things I would like to see put on the table.

- Bible Study. It's something that always seems to get a good response but tends to get lost along the way. One of the reasons for this is that it's alot of responsibility for one person in my opinion. I would like to put the idea of a rotation of some sort for it and I would put myself in there as well, as long as the other gl's and officers approve.

- Funnzies. Anyone who remembers the Great Gnome Roam will agree that when we have a good time, people notice. There has been alot of change in our guild lately and I feel these events would help further unite our guild.

I have other ideas but they are G14 classified and you have to elect me to hear them :)

Thankyou all for your consideration. Everyone of the candidates would be an excellant choice for Co-GL. Elected or not I will continue to serve the guild in any way that I can.

Gnomes Rule!

Polls open early

Thanks to all candidates for getting these post up quickly. Because we're ahead of schedule, the polls ARE NOW OPEN!!

Here's how to vote:

1. Please review all candidate's statements. If you have any questions for or about one of the candidates, please let Shagz or Flamethrøwer know, and we'll be happy to answer what we can.

2. Send IN GAME mail to "Redballot" with your vote

3. You are voting for only 1 candidate, and please, only 1 vote per person. DO NOT vote on multiple characters, as this is considered a serious offense, and will result in severe discipline, if not a dismissal from the guild.

4. The polls will close at midnight server time, April 30th. With the person receiving the most votes, being elected May 1st.

Thanks all for participating in the GL election. Good luck to all candidates!

I love how Flame posts in a CLOSED thread. Okay, I'll follow.

This Election had 4 guys who I'd be honored to serve alongside any one of them as GL. And that showed, as the voting was very close. The person with the most votes, and will be the third piece of Co-GL's is:

MCFIERCE

Congrats, and thanks everyone for participating. The offical promotion will happen on Tuesday, since Mcfierce is out of town until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back