Coamenel and his drying computer

Coamenel

Well thought I had my monitor fixed, turns out it wasn't my monitor. My computer is slowly but surely dying on me. Out of no where it will reboot it self or the monitor will mess up extremely bad. I deleted WoW off of my comp b/c I noticed this all started happening since the mini patch after patch 1.10 I reinstalled the game and it ran perfectly for a couple of days, then all of a sudden bam reboot... I thought it might just be Windows crashing so I reinstalled Windows. After reinstalling Windows my computer ran fine. I reinstalled WoW and everything else that I needed on my comp. I open up WoW and played for a little bit and it ran perfectly and then guess what happened... go ahead guess... I said guess... No chaos you weren't even close... but it rebooted again... then it wouldn't even start up properly. Took about 20 minute to get it to start up and then before I even opened a program bam it rebooted it self. I then proceeded to take apart my computer. Everything seemed to be in order. I put it back together and started her up. She is running kind of smooth now... I loaded up WoW and ran MC and everything worked. My comp is still stuggling performing normal functions however. Any Ideas on what is wrong... Is my power supply dying on me? Is my CPU crashing... Do I just need to get a new computer? I appreciate any insight that any one can give. Thanks now look down and notice my stupid lvl 29 pally signature /cry

Does sound like a PSU or power related problem. If you have a floppy drive, unnecesary fans, multiple HDD/CD's try unhooking whatever you can and see if that helps. What it might be is that depending on what video card you have it's not recieving enough power so it locks up and causes the problems you percieved to be your monitor. If that's not it I'd lean towards a stick of RAM probably dying, or maybe a little less likely a short somewhere on the mobo. The only way you'll really be able to tell for sure, without all kinds of fancy electrial equipment, is to swap parts in and out one at a time with ones you know work for sure until you can narrow the problem down. Still I'd start with a PSU if you're desperate for something to try without spending too much.

Seriously though what is it with everyones computer dying right now? Know like 6 people whose have completely died in the past week or two and my laptop just went pbbbbbt not that long ago.

I had something like that happen to my computer a while back, however it only happened when I played CS:S, I tried everything all the way down to reinstalling windows. As it turned out my graphics card was overheating which would crash my whole computer, the way I got that fixed was I got some drivers that would allow me to underclock my graphics card, I took no performance hit and it never crashed like that again.

Back