College

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
As some of you may or may not know by now, I only have two more days left of being at home. Saturday morning I leave to move in and classes start the Wednesday after. You also may have noticed my short and sporadic visits in-game lately. This is due to packing and last minute get-togethers with family and friends. These next few weeks are going to be a big adjustment for me living with other people and being "on my own" for the first time. I am still planning on leading this guild, but with the knowledge that I won't have as much time as I normally have to devote to you guys. The officers already know about this and they are here for a reason. If you need anything go to them. I see no reason that I won't stop checking these forums for any reason, unless they have a firewall that blocks me, in which case I will pack up the car and leave :p. So I can still be contacted here and on facebook.

Thank you for your understanding and grace as I adjust these changes. Also, if you could pray for me, as well as Ducky and our other college bound members, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks :)

~Stc

School days...School days...good old Golden Rule days...

Don't forget that Golden Rule while you are off at school.

We'll be praying for you. Let us know what your class load is like when you have a schedule.

College, moments of sheer panic punctuated by long periods of boredom.;) Seriously have fun, be praying for you. What major?

College can be a place for great growth but also great challenges. In one of my last Family Ministry classes in college we were looking at some reports showing some where between 65-78% of college students leave the faith after their first year. Usually physically then they start to disconnect from Christian practices (i.e. prayer, giving, Bible study, etc).

So my wife and I will be praying for you and the others "college bound" members on here. God can really use this time in you life for some great growth and to help establish a new pattern of living. Hers to new beginnings /toast can of coke :)

Good luck and enjoy the experience. College is great. Hopefully you can find some time to jump on in between your classes.

What major?

History :)

We'll be praying for you. Let us know what your class load is like when you have a schedule.

Thanks, I already have my schedule too =D
  • Mon & Wed: Christian Foundations - Old Testament, 8am-9:20am
  • Tues & Thurs: Contemporary Discipleship for Freshman, 9:30am-10:00am
  • Tues & Thurs: English Composition II, 11am-12:20pm
  • Tues & Thurs: Western Civilization I, 12:30am-1:50pm
  • Wed: Discipleship for Evangelism and Apologetics, 1:30pm-3:30pm

No Friday classes :D, but Tuesday and Thursday I'm going to be MIA from 9-2...

Ouch - 8:00am Monday morning - and your only class that day...oh the temptation to cut.

Don't.

Hugs and praying for you. God has been faithful to answer our prayers and see no reason to doubt Him now <3

Stay fiercely committed to the Lord, as temptations will try to distract you. You are deeply rooted and grounded in the Lord-- You've proved that over and over to us. ^_^

Gah, crying cuz your like family to me. Love you Stc!

Here's a little love...

If you are not familiar with it - get - read - study - internalize - Strunk and White's, The Elements of Style. An enjoyable read that will serve you well in college and the rest of your life.

Alright, here's my last post before I pack up the laptop and ship off tomorrow morning. Thanks again for all your prayers and continued prayers. I'll see you all when I get situated in my dorm. You all mean a lot to me, thank you. Love ya =D

We love you too - and are praying.

We'll look for you on the other side of unpacking.

I'm here, unpacked, and got the wi-fi to work. It was so cool, I pulled up to the parking lot and a swarm of kids came and took all my stuff to my room. Easiest move in ever!

Thanks for all the prayers. Everything is jammed packed with stuff from today until next week so I'll try and get in every now and again.

Back