Colours for new CGA Skin/Theme

RichardRobins

Howdy all :)

I will be donating my time to create a new skin/theme for the new look CGA.

Is there a colour reference you guys would like to see? :)

I have a feeling a consensus will be difficult, especially without examples.

I vote dark with red highlights.

The red and black is a little problem for me, aging eyes get thrown out of focus with that. Of course there are only a handful of true geezers on CGA so make it for young 'uns.

I think a "night reading" theme like CowRocket suggested is a great idea, though I already use f.lux and would probably opt for lighter colors if we need to stick with one theme for everything.

How difficult is it to swap the palette for a skin? Maybe one night reading theme and then a "daytime" theme with lighter colors would be a good idea. White background, black text, and gray and navy blue accents maybe? Just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Light theme will be coming hopefully Sunday :), I ran out of time today, however for those who need a lighter theme they can use the standard xf for saturday while awaiting the light theme, which be finished sunday :)

the files and skin info have been posted in the Xenforo pre sales questions thread you have here :)

managed to push out a basic light theme based of the dark one, will finish it up sunday any glitches, but included the file so it can be used now :)
Two themes are done a White,Red, Black and Grey (light)
and a Black, Red, and white theme

light needs a few more tweaks , but is usable

Download Files and XML file.
http://kingdomgamer.net/CGAStyles.zip

Step 1 upload the contents of the Upload contents folder to the doc root of the forum (so in same area as index.php etc) its safe to overwrite, as the edited images in styles will need to overwrite the default ones
Step 2 : import the XMLs file provided in the zip (style-CGA-Dark-&-Red.xml and style-CGA-Light-&-Red.xml) via the xenforo admincp > appearance > import style
Step 3 select which you want as default via the appearance > styles page, its the toggle/circle next to the name

Last edited:
Blue and Orange always look good too, whats good about the current design is we can easily change the colour strips, to make multiple variation of the theme :)

Back