Combat upgrade orders

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Thought I'd stop by the forum and help get things rolling. So here's a thread everyone can enjoy and learn from.
smile.gif

What upgrades do you get during Combat matches and in what order? I'll share my marine upgrade order here. *G*

1. Motion tracking. This upgrade is always, always, always first for me. I'm way too nervous otherwise. ^_^;;

2. Armor level 1. Because focus bite stinks. Grr.

3. Damage level 1. Getting ready for a new weapon...

4. Nothing.
smile.gif
I hold that second point.

5. Shotgun and HMG immediately after. Because I stink with the shotgun in Combat matches.

At this point, I have a bit of wiggle room. Sometimes I get a welder if others already have heavy armor or the comm chair or armory are beat up. Other times, I go with Resupply if most of the alien team is still playing as lerk or skulk.

Eventually, though, I want to have an HMG, HA (heavy armor), and resupply. If I'm playing on a server that allows more than 10 levels in Combat, I'll usually spend my remaining levels on armor and weapon upgrades.

So get to it, people! Post your orders and get this forum breathing a bit.
smile.gif

damage and armour to the max.. HMG and heavy armour... then maybe some of the fancy stuff when i get level 11-12

im used to lvl 10 combat i go mines they hate that
tounge.gif
then i go shotty then i go to lvl 3 damage then i work my way up to armor and fun stuff uselly random stuff after armor like motion or grenade or i go hmg but shotty is to fun :p

Gah, how do you guys live without motion tracking? MT + HMG + Tek = alien pwnage.

It's not my type.

My type is to swoop into the alien base and annoy them constantly with my shotgun and jp

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ Oct. 21 2004,4:37)]It's not my type.

My type is to swoop into the alien base and annoy them constantly with my shotgun and jp
Heh. That works. I just know that I'm all but useless without motion tracking. Ironically, I tend to forget MT research while commanding in "regular" NS.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7@Uni @ Oct. 28 2004,11:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ Oct. 21 2004,4:37)]It's not my type.

Heh. That works. I just know that I'm all but useless without motion tracking. Ironically, I tend to forget MT research while commanding in "regular" NS.
Lots of twisting around constantly.
tounge.gif

Back